Benno!!! Massacre in aisle 14-H!

by expatbrit 6 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Yesterday afternoon my wife persuaded me to take her shopping to IKEA. I had just enjoyed a very good lunch with some fellow apostates, so in a moment of expansive good-willed stupidity, I agreed.

I hate IKEA. I've had quite enough of cults in my life, thank you very much. I think IKEA is Sweden's attempt at taking over the world using the fiendish method of turning everyone into braindead zombies by surrounding them with incredibly boring furniture. "IKEA" must be Swedish for "Satan is King".

As usual, IKEA was packed out with cult devotees. We found a parking space somewhere near the Arctic Circle, and joined the throngs flocking to the house of IKEA. After following the little arrows on the floor for half an hour (let's watch how we walk....), we finally found the ugly TV stand that my wife wanted to buy. It had one of those cutesy and stunningly infuriating Swedish names ("Benno"), and the tag said it was available in aisle 14-H.

Off we went to the self-serve shelves. Entering the cathedral of storage, I lucked out and found a spare trolley, and grabbed it. Bad move! Behind me I heard the zombie chant begin: "troll-ey....troll-ey....TROLL-EY!!!".

I looked behind me to see cultists beginning to tail me, coming on like a scene from Night of the Living Dead. Frantically I pushed harder, the trolley wheels perversely sending me in random directions, as if it sensed that here was an unbeliever laying hands upon it. Flailing to the left! and right! with increasingly bloodied fists I managed to lose the crowd and find my wife in aisle 14-H, where we frantically pulled our Benno onto the trolley (how can such crap be so heavy?) and headed toward to the checkouts.

In the line, a young brat attempted to do something obscene to my rear end with a "Torped" candle. I waited until his parents were distracted, and in one smooth motion scooped him up and deposited him in a display crate of "Spilla" table napkins, where I trust the little shit suffocated.

After paying, my wife went off to find a catalogue. I eyed a group of female cultists nervously as they began to lick their lips and stroke their breasts lasciviously while feasting their eyes on my soon to be available troll-ey. As soon as my wife returned, we sprinted for it. I pounded back to the car, and performed a Starsky and Hutch 180 degree skid before throwing Benno into the trunk and leaving blue smoke as we escaped.

And now it sits here. Benno. With a "Yacht" swivelly thing to rotate the TV. Already my brain begins to soften, and I hear the soft call of IKEA. Perhaps just one more "Billy" bookcase, then.

I should stop going to IKEA I know. But truly, to whom else would I go?

Expatbrit

• Beans
    Beans

Please post more stories about women stroking there breasts!
    I think Ikea is actually an Italian term for "Where`s the fricken key Mama"!

• noidea
    noidea

Expatbrit,

LMAO....Can I go shopping with you next time sounds like fun

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Too funny...expatbrit. I can only stay in IKEA for so long, then I start having seizures!

April
    I was angry with my friend; I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe; I told it not, my wrath did grow. (William Blake, A Poison Tree)
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• hippikon
    hippikon

lol

Don't go back. What ever you do don't go back. Your brain may fry and you will become an "Ikea" fan spending all your weekends assembling kitset furniture!

• think41self
    think41self

What's IKEA? What's Benno? What's a trolley? What's a Billy bookcase?

What are you, a foreigner or something?

Oh yeah, that's right. You are. Don't expect too much sympathy from me when I don't know what the hell you're talking about!

think41self

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

• Duncan
    Duncan

Excellent comments brother Expat.

And don't they have wierd adverts, too?

Duncan

(Chucking out his chimps)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit