Can the JW`s(HEBS) chew Nicorett gum?

by Beans 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beans
    Beans

My buddie and I were wondering if a JW could do this,it contains nicotine ,is it a JW banned substance?
    I don`1t know what do you think?
    Glen

• ISP
    ISP

Yup...nicotine is out. Whatever way you take it in.

ISP

• Mulan
    Mulan

who would tell?

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• ISP
    ISP

If you were a smoker and nicorett products were your only way of helping yourself...I think it would be ok. You just don't tell anyone! I think the elders are conscious of the public displays of smoking and would jump all over that.

ISP

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

The antidepressant Wellbutrin is also used to help people stop smoking(marketed under a different name which I can't think of at the moment). It is supposed to be very effective and does not contain nicotine, a side effect of the medication is weight loss. Cool!

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

What exactly is "HEBS"?

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• ISP
    ISP

'HEBS'....dunno. Bible students something.

ISP

• Beans
    Beans

Sorry all, it`s just a personal nickname which I have labelled them with.All my buddies use it now and I keep refering to them as HEBS short for Hebrews.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Is that drug the same as Zyban which I am on? I will post back to my giving up smoking thread when I give up on Tuesday. (which is when the zyban has had a chance to kick in)

• freeman
    freeman

Not that it really matters, but are you all aware that nicotine is NOT a drug. I would say most people believe it is, but then just because most people believe it is, does not change facts one way or another.

My question is; on what grounds could the WTBTS bring action against one of its members using a nicotine-bearing product? Experts such as the FDA, have ruled it is NOT a drug, or is this news to Brooklyn?

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit