Do you have a camera with USB cord?

by asilentone 12 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Tell me about it, do you like it?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I have a PS Canon is790 and a Sony a350 DSLR, both use a USB cord fro copy pic off the camera. Neither can send live video over USB.

What function are you looking for?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I was looking to copy a pic off the camera.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

What kind of camera are you talking about? I have a digital camera and camcorder. They both came with USB plugs. On the other hand, I have an old Sharp Handi-cam that I had to buy an adapter for. It's almost not worth it because the space the conversion takes up. It makes an .avi type recording on the computer. I've been looking for a converter from avi to wmv or mpeg. But, I'm new to this, so it'll be awhile before I can talk about it like a pro.

Anyway, just in case you were talking about this:

video grabber

There are other adapters on this site: http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Video-Capture.html

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

If you already have a camera with USB, just plug it in. Windows will pop-up and say "new device" or something like that and then it will install the driver.

When you plug it in again, the driver program will ask you what do you want to do. Just follow the steps.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yes. It is sooo handy!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Well, I have a USB cord that came with my camera, but I never use it.

1.) My new Toshiba laptop has an SD card slot built right into it. I simply remove the SD card, and insert it into the slot. Transfer photos, remove.

2.) I also have a USB SD card reader, which you plug your SD card into, and then it plugs into your computer via USB port. I don't use this now since I got my laptop.

Wing Commander, of the soon to be owner of the new Nikon D3100 Class, on Sept. 17th!!!

• I quit!
    I quit!

You are so behind the times Gregor. You need to get the latest model like me.

• poppers
    poppers

I quit, I think it's time for you to upgrade your camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eGZX_4EIEU

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think your putting me on Poppers. Flash cubes.....ya right! The next thing you be telling me is that there are cameras that don't require film.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit