"I've Never Been To Me" by Charlene

by possible-san 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• Heaven
    Heaven

The part which you pointed out is just the greatest defect/flaw of the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I told my Dad that the only message from the Bible worth anything is the message of love. He actually agreed with me. Not sure he understands the gravity of what he agreed with.

Well, interestingly, in the Japanese language, a "nerve/sensitivity" (shin-kei) is written as a "channel of God" using the kanji.

Therefore, our nerve gets sick (nervous breakdown, nervous disease) when we give priority to "the opinion of the Governing Body" over "our own feelings", IMO.

I love how this connects. There is a wonderful harmony in it.

• scottmedeiros
    scottmedeiros

thanks for posting that song never been to paridise. Its one i remember when younger. Beautiful word and voice. I love music a great chance to get away. I will look for this song among my collection and put it in my ipod and blast it on my car radio when alone driving and enjoy it over and over.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, nancy drew
    mrsjones5
    Heaven
    scottmedeiros

Thank you for your comments.

nancy drew.

When I lisen to the japanese version the music does sound lovely. However, the english lyrics are distracting because I don't entirely agree with them.

Since this song is a "love song" for Japanese people, they may be shocked when they get to know the meaning of English Lyrics. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-niHwtiBU

Probably, I think that that "English Lyrics" is not accepted in Japan, IMO. (But, there is also a good part in that Lyrics, I think.)

But, that "melody" is excellent/wonderful.
    Mostly, the Japanese people who do not speak English listen to those "melodies", and judge whether it is good song.

possible

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The whole feeling of the song is very different in the english top version and the japanese one to me anyway.

the japanese one feels happy and sweet the other is tinged with remorse and regret.

• possible-san
    possible-san

nancy drew.

Thank you for your reply.
    I think that there was probably no opportunity to introduce a "Japanese version" to you, if you did not reply.

Well, in Japan, youths tend to like/love "positive" songs (the songs which encourage people).
    Therefore, perhaps this song was altered into "happy" contents.

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit