Liberal or Conservative?

by alice.in.wonderland 22 Replies latest social current

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Liberal or Conservative?

I'm neither. I see myself as a moderate, not just because of political neutrality but because the two ideologies have their strengths and inherit weaknesses.

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/other/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/

CONSERVATIVES - believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.

Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

LIBERALS - believe in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the State to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Believe that people are basically good.

Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve people's problems.

The problem with many Democrats is their liberal attitude toward legalized marijuana,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMsWfR5atq8

...legalized prostitution, abortion, a culture of alternative lifestyles and transgendered sexes and other degrading behaviors. In a country full of hippies and misfits I guess you would need the government (someone else) to solve your problems.

The problem with conservatives is they can't seem to wrap their mind around the fact that greedy financial institutions still continue to prey on instant gratification (credit cards, abusive lending practices) and damage the economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9mWAxHpeew

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Hiya Alice Rachel!

I'm a liberally conservative moderate.

• beksbks
    beksbks

That's funny Sooner, I'm a moderately conservative liberal.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That's why we get along so good my dear.

• beksbks
  • sooner7nc
  • StAnn
    StAnn

And I'm a bleeding heart conservative with libertarian leanings, which puts me in a little class of my own. I just love everybody and want us all to get along and look out for each other.

Why can't everybody else be like me? The world would be such a better place.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Ummm...I thought Bleeding Hearts were only Liberals?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sorry Ann, a conservative with libertarian leanings is the kind of person who would step on some one's fingers while they were trying to climb up out of a hole. At the same time bowing down to huge champagne swilling megalithic corporations and saying "why are you being so mean as to tax them?? "

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'm conservative on the fiscal side, charitable on the social side. I'm a realist in the areas of political power, believing that some (not all) who are attracted to it will abuse it, because some are well-meaning bumblers and some other are power-hungry despots. For that reason the laws of the land do need to limit the power of government officials, thus the amount of harm they can do. But I also disagree with the libertines who want no government at all; the rest of the citizens need some protection from those who are irresponsible.

OT: sooner7, you have pm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit