How WT Apologists at JWN inherently break forum rules. :)

by Essan 9 Replies latest social humour

• Essan
    Essan

I noticed the posting guidelines the other day as I was replying to DjEggnog, one of our relentless WT apologists (although he's very unapologetic about it :) and I noticed one rule in particular that got me thinking.

Seeing as such JW's are representatives of an Organization that falsely claims to solely "represent" a pretty important person - God - and they frequently make the claim here that the Org. represents God on earth and that it's teachings are God's teachings - a claim they have been completely unable to substantiate - then I'm fairly sure they must be in breach of rule 7:

"Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organization".

So, if ever one was looking for a technicality on which to 'disfellowship' any particularly unpleasant and deceptive Society worshipping spammers, then maybe posting guideline 7 might be the way to go. :)

(I personally think that many of them could technically also be caught under rule 8. "Posting in a language other than English", seeing as Watchtowerese makes absolutely no sense, but I can see that one would be a stretch. Lol)

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

Your brazen comment deserves brazen laughter.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAH! :)

Seriously, that's awesome.

• sabastious
    sabastious

That's funny, but lets not sink to their level. Let them be here, I like having a community that wont kick them out even though theirs kicked us out.

-Sab

• flipper
    flipper

ESSAN- Interesting points. I agree with Sabastious that if we don't sink to their level - we won't be as barbaric as they are towards those of us who they kicked out or shunned from their organization. Look at it as US showing THEM a higher way. Debate is allowed here on the board. But DJ EGGNOG or any OTHER witnesses here if they had doubts about their own beliefs would NOT be allowed to question or debate points with elders in their congregations. So JW's visiting us here can see us as serving a function- a substitute for them to unload to if and when they DO have doubts. Perhaps we will say some things to make them meditate and question their OWN beliefs. Peace out, MR. Flipper

• Essan
    Essan

Yeah, that's why I put this in the humour section. It's tongue in cheek. :)

And you're right, we should extend the Christian freedom to them that their own religion will not allow them, or us.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

I have nothing to apologize for. Are Jehovah's Witnesses defined by a publisher's record that states they're an active publisher? If that technically authenticates their position, so be it. You can't be disfellowshipped for anything internet related unless it's illegal. If you draw on the Bible principles you actively oppose to misrepresent a person, what's that make you?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

apologists = I have nothing to apologize for

LOL

• Essan
    Essan

Calm down, nobody is suggesting you should be disfellowshipped from the JW's LOL. I was just saying that if apologists and JW spammers get to be too much of a pain in rear then rule 7 may come to the rescue. (and note which forum you are in).

But BTW, you can be DF'd for legal online activities. The Society has, for instance, DF'd many people for having websites or making online comments critical of WT doctrine or policy. That's legal, the WT just doesn't allow free speech or criticism. But, don't worry, you can enjoy all of the free speech and Christian Freedom that Jesus wants you to have here at JWN, even if you can't get it at the Hall.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I have nothing to apologize for. Are Jehovah's Witnesses defined by a publisher's record that states they're an active publisher? If that technically authenticates their position, so be it. You can't be disfellowshipped for anything internet related unless it's illegal. If you draw on the Bible principles you actively oppose to misrepresent a person, what's that make you?

I observe this person's right to be here, but it doesn't change the fact that I truly despise this one.

-Sab

• Essan
    Essan

Yes, but tell the truth Sab, if - as is quite likely - she turns around in six months time and says "That's it, I've changed my mind. You were right. This can't be God's Org." you'd still give her a big cyber-hug. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit