Intro...boring newbie alert!

by Quando 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Quando
    Quando

Hello Wonderful people,

I am a long time lurker and still two footed. I stay in for family reasons, I really do make a terrible witness only going to 50% of the meetings in a good month. I must be a goat...wait a minute I am a Capricorn so it all makes sense now.

I have had MANY MANY anger issues because of being raised in the borg, my anger was inward if you met me you would never suspect an ounce of anger....ever. I consider myself a recovering alcoholic but if you asked my borg friends they would never put me in that class because they are all worse than me, granted they love the fact I quit drinking because it makes me the official DD.

I am second generation and shamed into baptism when I was 13 and I even remember answering NO out loud to the questions and had to get dunked 3 times because my toe kept popping up out of the water

I have the peace within and this happened when I picked up the bible and just started reading it and not relying on the WT's crap to sway my thinking capacity. I came to the conclusion that when the religion was invented I would like to find out the choice of drugs that were consumed especially the borg's breakdown of the book of Daniel.

I tell my devout family that I can't wait for the new system so I can grow marijuana and stay drunk, that is my earthly hope. I know that may sound harsh reading it but I am a hoot to be around because I say it in such a convincing honest tone and my lifestyle NOW is vegan and no alcohol and I haven't smoked a joint in 20years, however at concerts I really do try to find the smell and try to catch all the second hand I can!

The JW-net family has been such a source of comfort in my recovery on so many levels over the past 2ish years, so Thank you

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome; I'm happy you came out of lurking status, and I look forward to your posts.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Quando and welcome to the gang...and btw your intro isnt boring at all...

Loz x

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I am second generation and shamed into baptism when I was 13 and I even remember answering NO out loud to the questions and had to get dunked 3 times because my toe kept popping up out of the water

LOL. You were a fighter. Sucks indeed that they pressure kids into getting baptized and then saddle them for the rest of their lives with the consequences of that decision.

Good to have you on board. =)

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I can't wait for the new system so I can grow marijuana and stay drunk"

Welcome Quandro, come on in the house and take a seat

if the new system is gonna be anything like i experienced while

i was in, then send me to hell in a hand basket. Trust, if you

make it to their version of the new system your gonna need

to stay drunk

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hey Quando nice to meet you. Your post was not boring at all. Very easy to read.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Ha, that's so funny - because of a upbringing I am forever pointing out to whoever I am working with that the smell of weed is in the air, I can even name the plant variety!

• clarity
    clarity

Quando you're funny

What the world needs now is .... more FUNNY! welcome.

So that darn toe of yours kept stickin out, huh? .....that was sure a close call, ...you know if it kept on stumbling you......they might have had to cut it off!!!

• bez
    bez

Quando, lol and welcome too, i am a 'newbie' too, bit diff to you as for years i was a two footer, now i just have had to admit my feelings for my own sanity... so i am a bad associate now!

Anyway glad you still get peace from reading your bible, i feel exactly the same. More peaceful than ever before... maybe its cus im beign blinded by this system of things???

• StAnn
    StAnn

Welcome, Quando! You've given me a good laugh this morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit