Do You Think Sarah Palin Affects The Political Landscape?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

The only people I know that spend any time talking about Palin are democrats. I'm an admin on a right leaning politics and history board and her name never comes up. I think we all stopped talking about her when she resigned.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

She is the best thing this election year for the Democrats.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Cat's out of the bag! Dems love Palin.

• minimus
    minimus

she is still hot.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    she is still hot.

Absolutely, minimus. How about you guys run her as your GOP candidate in 2012? Pretty please?

• designs
    designs

Maybe The Sarah and Ms Couric will kiss and makeup ala Madonna and Britney HOT!!!

• minimus
    minimus

I don't like her. But hot's hot.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    I think any "affect" she may have is very quicky offset by her daughter's (and future son-in-law's) very visible personal drama... which is, unfortunately, reflective of Ms. Palin's parenting skills... or lack thereof... in the eyes of many

I wonder if this would have been an issue if Palin had been a male.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I beg to differ about the only people talking about Palin are the Dems...she can't be in your face at a rally with Glen Beck and tweeting about Dr Laura and be the subject of ONLY the Democrats. Maybe the reason all the GOP don't talk about her is the smart ones don't hang out with those who support her and maybe they want to pretend that she really doesn't exist.

I won't diss her parenting skills because nobody has perfect kids...and as for the same application being applied to a man, well, then again, a man couldn't get up on stage and wink and flirt and play up the 'hot' button and get away with it either. I actually found the constant negative reference regarding Hillary Clinton's appearance as disturbing as I did the GOP buttons that focused on Sarah Palin being a Hottie. It seems as a woman candidate, that the focus on intelligence, leadership and experience was lost in the never ending comments about their looks. sammieswife

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    a man couldn't get up on stage and wink and flirt and play up the 'hot' button and get away with it either.

Good point, sammies. Any man who got up there and simpered like Palin would not be taken seriously, in fact he'd be the butt of a few jokes. (Pun not initially intended, but what the heck.)

Her femaleness has also gotten her some right-wing media protection from the big bad 'gotcha' media, (like Katie Couric trying to blindside little Sara by asking her what she reads).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit