Nobody else on earth ever even noticed JOSHUA'S long day!!

by Terry 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    Yet, nobody else writing at this time or immediately thereafter ever wrote a single word mentioning such an astonishing event!

Actually, I think there are many myth/legends/stories in other cultures about such a day, if my memory serves.

BTS

Can you clue me, ships, which stories and cultures specifically? Thanks.

• moshe
    moshe

ONE long day? What about the WT? They have given JWs one Looooooooooong generation!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This is one more of those things I should have listened to my child self about.

I don't know how I knew it, but I remember thinking when I was a kid about this sun standing still business "well, then science will have a record of that, and if they don't, they will, because that would leave some sort of evidence". And even then, I was expecting it to leave both physical evidence, and historical, multi-cultural evidence.

But somewhere along the way, I just accepted it as "truth" w/o the evidence. I put it out of my mind.

It's fascinating to me to think that even as a child I knew in my gut that real things leave real evidence - that absence of evidence IS evidence of absence.

• Terry
    Terry

I only raise the questions and issues for the reason I want to provoke religiously minded true believers to come out and openly state

the ridiculous with conviction.

Sometimes, when you agree publicly to something obviously lame, wrong-headed, unlikely, or stupid and then DEFEND it---you notice something within your own self.......a tingling....rebellious cognitive revulsion signaling you that something is very wrong.

If this happens enough it might wake a few people up that they are dupes.

That really hurts when you start admitting that.

It is a motivating force that triggers rational thought from the flatline state of FAITH.

• STILLINWANTOUT
    STILLINWANTOUT

LOL- Really enjoying this thread.

Is it possible the missing day got sucked into a black hole?

• sabastious
    sabastious

What a fine purpose it would be to alter countless universal forces...

To kill MORE Amorites.

-Sab

• moshe
    moshe

After doing a google search on Joshua's long day, I discovered that in the Americas, on the other side of the world from Israel, they have tribal stories of the "long Night" and even in the Pacific Islands some stories were found of the long sunset. Most curious, indeed.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_earth.html

It says that anything not attached to the earth (such as a soldier standing on the ground conducting war) would suddenly go flying off to the east at high speed (e.g. 1,000 MPH), if the earth suddenly stopped rotating.

• tec
    tec

Is there any other scientific phenomenon or theory that would explain a long day? (One that does not include the earth standing still?)

Tammy

• Terry
    Terry

Is there any other scientific phenomenon or theory that would explain a long day? (One that does not include the earth standing still?)

(Quick, Doctor--stick the needle in anywhere; just make the pain go away!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit