by brotherdan 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

BrotherDan,

you have been truly giving food for thought with your topics

keep 'em rollin'

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

As my papa once said, "They're the law." He was speaking of the GB in comparison to something I was showing him in the Bible.

Incredible. Do JWs follow the guidance as recorded in the Bible? Yes, but only if they first get permission from the GB.

• peacedog
    peacedog

If a jw could have ONLY a bible, or ONLY a wt mag subscription... what do you think they're choosing?

• Terry
    Terry

Her response was, "Well, I need to see what the WT has to say about this." It made no difference what the Bible said, she wanted a WT policy.

I believe that this proves my point that they love the org more than they love the Bible. It's all nice and great to say that "We follow the bible implicitly and follow only that as our guide". But the reality is far different than their words.

That's not what I get out of this story. Not by a long shot.

Here is what I see going on. Jehovah's Witnesses no longer have the right to exercise their rational mind! They are denied access to logical, rational inductive and deductive reasoning. They are only allowed to accept abstract pronouncements from AUTHORITY.

Lobotomy by faith!

What good is a mind so brutally wasted?

Watchtower theology is a virus which shuts down your personal ownership of your brain and takes it over to reproduce itself.

We have only to take notice of how many recently disassociated and DF'd people arrive here and continue their Watchtower train of thought like nothing has really interrupted their connection! They defend, protect, preserve and deny any threat to their shackled bond of brainless devotion.

You aren't really dealing with THE PERSON any longer. You are dealing with a CLONE who only looks like the person.

• wasblind
    wasblind

MythBuster, i had always been told the samething

when i needed advise on a subject, the CD was the

#1 place to go too, not the Bible, but Witnesses tell

worldlies they live by bible principals, when in reality

they live by the opinions of men on CD roms.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    If a jw could have ONLY a bible, or ONLY a wt mag subscription... what do you think they're choosing?

Isn't it obvious? I actually heard a JW elder say that "all religions have the bible, but only we have the watchtower"

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Good point Terry. The WT does train us on how to NOT think. They say, in effect, "Come to us and we will do the thinking about the Bible for you." The meditation that they push in regards to the Bible is to entrench what THEY have said about the scriptures deeper into our minds.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Great thread and I always appreciate Terry's thought process.

• Terry
    Terry

Good point Terry. The WT does train us on how to NOT think. They say, in effect, "Come to us and we will do the thinking about the Bible for you." The meditation that they push in regards to the Bible is to entrench what THEY have said about the scriptures deeper into our minds.

A good case in point! : Normal human curiousity is short-circuited in book studies and Watchtower Studies. How? The questions are prefabricated at the bottom of the page. You shut off your OWN curiousity. Your mind is invaded by faux curiousity pre-packed at the factory.

At the end of these studies all the loos-ends which would naturally occur to a THINKING PERSON are avoided, buried and invisible.

CONTROL by mind-numbing substitution!

• Essan
    Essan

Following on from what Terry said, JW's are also afraid to use their power of reason.

If you use you own reasoning ability to guide your understanding of Scriptures, and so to guide your actions, there is always the likelihood that someone else will have a different opinion on the same Scriptures. But JW's are so paralyzed with fear of what others think, of being judged by them or being accused of "stumbling" others that they rarely dare exercise their own power of reason without feeling nervous or guilty. JW's are extremely judgmental and everyone is scared of what everyone else thinks.

The only way to escape this bind is to be able to point to an explicit Watchtower 'law' as a defense for any action, so that they then feel free of responsibility and therefore free of possible negative judgement or condemnation.

So Witnesses without an explicit directive from the Society often feel paralyzed. "Please, Society, please tell me what to do, so that I can act, free of the judgmental gossiping and head shaking of my 'loving' brothers"

That's why we have ridiculous "questions from readers" with JW's asking the Society what they should do about even the most mundane and basic aspects of their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit