Confronted my mom about the new generation change and now she no longer gives me the koolaid edition WT

by doublelife 10 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

So a couple of months ago, I talked to my mom about the new generation teaching, and she gave me the explanation of how generation could mean contemporaries, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, yesterday she sent me a new shipment of literature. I got the latest public WT, the 2 new brochures, and the Jeremiah book. I just realized today that ever since I talked to her about the jw only April 2010 magazine and pretty much told her that this new meaning sounded ridiculous and too unbelievable, she doesn't send me the jw only editions anymore. Only the public editions for me. I just thought that was interesting. She probably talked about it with other people, and they told her to stop sending me those editions. I guess I'm too "spiritually weak" to understand.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

You can get them from http://www.jw.org, if you really want to read them.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Thanks, but I probably won't be reading them. I don't think my mom knows they're on the website though. She's computer illiterate. I should tell her about the website. Maybe I can get her to stop mailing me packages. I'll just tell her I can read them if I want to from the website.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Then her literature placements would go down.

• doublelife
    doublelife

True. Darn it.

• sherah
    sherah

It may not be her, the BOE are really rationing the hardcopy kool-aid edition WT and the KM. They are handing them directly to the individual publishers. They will give the family head the ration for the whole family if there are underage publishers in the family. Not so with if there are adult family members. Each must stalk your field service conductor these spiritual gems.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Sherah, it amazes me that the crazy way they've been handling the Kool-Aid edition of the WTs ever since they began printing them hasn't raised any alarm bells with the R&F. Surely this behavior is a sign of paranoia and another sign this group is a cult?

Anybody's family comment that this is bizarre behavior?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Nothing to add about this subject...just wanted to say I saw your newest project on FaceBook, and it was great!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

An elder told me when the GB have special information for our eyes only they will print it in the koolaid version.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

JW only editions?
    I have been gone a long time...
    That is one of the silliest thing I have heard in a long time.

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit