Kingdom Song Hangover

by Eiben Scrood 23 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For me, it is a minor nuisance issue. But, I can recall when I was a witless and would have "trouble" with Christmas carols. Some of the more prominent ones would pop in even in late summer, and I would wonder what I am going to do when they start playing again. I typically used music from the late 1960s through the late 1980s to push them out, with a measure of success. (Of course now, I just find the other Christmas carols that are not prominent and play those all year round.)

Usually, when a Kingdumb malady does pop up, it is for a minute or so. That is because I regularly listen to real music--the same songs that helped when the Christmas songs were the "problem" help now (and the Christmas songs themselves are now part of the solution). And, I would be surprised to know how few of the Kingdumb maladies are causing the majority of these headaches--probably 15 or 20 at most responsible for more than 98% of the damage.

As for the new Kingdumb maladies, I hope to never hear so much as a note of it at the Kingdumb Hell or in anywhere you are "supposed" to hear it. To me, that represents a fresh start: At least the Kingdumb maladies that do pop up are now out of date Kingdumb Maladies. If the new Kingdumb maladies ever start popping up, either it is pure BAD luck or it represents a super whopper of a problem. (And the bad luck would not be with the knowledge that they are new Kingdumb maladies, and would probably be one-shot deals anyways.)

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I never listened to, um, "kingdumb maladies"(?) in MY spare time. They don't pop up in my head much at all.
    So-called christian music (christain rock, christian rap, et al) makes me nauseous too.
    I will never celebrate x'mas either. Not if I can help it. Bah Humbug! Need I say what I still think of x'mas carols?

V665

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

When I was a kid we used to make up the lyrics (still do sometimes).
    Once with confusion our sad hearts were filled, when we drank whisky our fathers distilled.......take sides with Jehovah....make him your delight etc etc.

Nobody likes the new songs, singing them is painful, so we don't!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

When I was a kid we used to make up the lyrics (still do sometimes).

We did that too...called em' "Twisted Tunes" "move ahead, move ahead to obscurity" (Instead of Maturity)

"The paradise, you'll realize, if you keep your eyes, off her thighs"

You get the idea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit