These words really made me mad!!!

by Sour Grapes 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, they don't take care of people? I've got news for you, quite often they don't even take proper care of Bethelites or Gilead missionaries!

Hurt your back? Gotten sick? Well, don't let the door hit you on the way out, brother! The average Witless has no idea how much heartache the laid off Bethelites are going thru.

metatron

• blondie
    blondie

James 2:14-19 (New International Version)

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

*** w07 9/15 p. 27 pars. 4-5 Practice Mercy—How? ***" James 2:15, 16 states: "If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: ‘Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,’ but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?"

Caring for others and helping those in need is a feature of true religion. Our way of worship does not allow us to limit our concern for others to a mere oral expression of the wish that everything will turn out well for them. Rather, a tender feeling of compassion moves us to act in behalf of those in serious need.

There is a wrong assumption by the WTS also that non-jw missionaries do not teach people the bible as well.

--------------

Missionaries and nationals have been allowed to teach Bible classes in several of the new public schools in Côte d'Ivoire.

http://www.fwbgo.com/missionaries/country/cote_divoire/

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The book "Come Be My Follower" (page 186, para 11) tells us that Christendom has earned Jesus' anger for performing their charitable works.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The book "Come Be My Follower" (page 186, para 11) tells us that Christendom has earned Jesus' anger for performing their charitable works.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would recommend asking Mary (from this forum) about this issue. It was worldly people, "pigs", "urine", "poison", and "bad association" that has helped her and her family out during times of need. The witlesses didn't give a fxxx during this period--things like having surgery and money shortages. All they wanted was for her to get back in field circus as soon as possible, nothing else.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

This is one of the reasons I was so supportive of the exjws4haiti.com initiative. It was so nice to see real altruism for a change, after experiencing a lifetime of the pathetic JW version that's more about recruiting than any true desire to help others.

And metatron makes a great point about how they often don't even care for their own. There are few things sadder than watching elderly Bethelites get put out with no support system to turn to and no medical care that's worthwhile. I saw that happen in a few cases and it was heart-wrenching.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Some time back I heard a Christian missionary talking about what he did in Africa - run a school, run a kitchen for starving people, etc. He said if you want to show the Kingdom of God to a starving person, hand him a sandwich.

• Essan
    Essan

JW's as a culture have no real love. Some few individual JW's have Christian love, but this is despite being JW's rather than because of it, and it's a struggle to hold onto that love in the cold and judgmental atmosphere of of Org.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Essan,

And a good example of that lack of love is found in JW appologists who come on here and make fun of us and mock us for not believing anymore. They are the ones who should speak just like Jesus would have, but they don't, not at all.

It's shocking how they speak on the web when no one knows who they are. They judge and swear like sailors! Don't they believe that Jehovah can see and hear what they are saying to the one sheep who has strayed?

They need to take the lack of faith rafter out of their own eyes before attempting to extract the straw from ours.

I think they are high and speaking under the influence of religion.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread

• carvin
    carvin

All these posts are so heart wrenching because they are so true. A few years ago when I was in but fading, I asked my elder dad why we don't do charitable works, his reply was "Jesus said "the poor will be with you always". This comming form a man who before he was a witless taught me to sacrfice whatever I could if someone was in need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit