Reinstatement-Curent elders please reply

by truthlover 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotspur
    hotspur
    Alternatively the person is expected to show a bit of public humility

So - attending the meetings for at least 6 months, sat at the back, nobody talking to you or even acknowledging you is NOT an act of humility? It certainly seems like a humiliation! Not that I ever have done it nor ever will.

Cloud cuckoo land is where they reside.

• undercover
    undercover

Once reinstated, field service is usually expected. Commenting at meetings and giving talks is restricted for awhile longer.

- sidebar - notice how you're not allowed to speak at meetings with fellow believers in attendance, but you're encouraged to go out and try to win converts. You're good enough to do the sales work, just not good enough to participate in the sales meetings.

It was my observation that meeting attendance and field service regularity were the gauges as to how elders decided when restrictions were lifted. Using his lack of underlining and his note taking seems over the top. Because people in the congregation are confused or scared of his note taking, then they won't let him comment?

C - U - L - T

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    hotspur
    Alternatively the person is expected to show a bit of public humility

''So - attending the meetings for at least 6 months, sat at the back, nobody talking to you or even acknowledging you is NOT an act of humility? It certainly seems like a humiliation! Not that I ever have done it nor ever will.''

Yes that is showing humility in my book. My old C.O.T.B.O.E said that they don't even do six month disfellowshipments any more I'm gonna have to do 8 months to a year now. Plus I'm moved to another area to have fresh start ( the C.O.T.B.O.E told me to stay until I'm reinstated than move, but my ex-girlfriend was speading lies. So I had to leave, he said thatS part of your punishment ).

• minimus
    minimus

just more arbitrary ridiculous rules!

• Pitchess Co-Gen
  • babygirl30
    babygirl30

Pitchess Co-Gen

YEP! I was told when I was DF'd that the society had changed the policy and that being out (6) mos was NOT gonna happen. Apparently, they feel that 6 mos is too short, and that a LOT of those reinstated in 6 mos end up being DF'd again...thus (in their minds) not 'learning' their lesson and making a mockery of the arrangement. So, it's now btwn 9-12mos EXPECTED. When they told me that, I figured it wasn't worth my time..

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Didn't Paul say that because we are jusified by faith and not works there was no room for boasting? (Romans 3:27) This is all a works based religion. It has NOTHING to do with faith. Everything that the elders look for is based on works. They don't look to see if you are a good teacher, the look to see if you are GOING in service and for how long. They don't care about the QUALITY of your answers, only that you raise your hand. How were we ever blinded by them? I have some satisfaction in having been raised in this. But still, I was THOROUGHLY fooled. Never again.

Miseryloveselders, I don't know how you can stand being in the position that you are in.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I don't have the best relationship with my elders. I cussed my C.O.T.B.O.E out, so I won't be back for a while .lol. Any way my reputation trash in my hometown, so I won't be back anytime soon. I'm currently 70 miles any from my hometown, so I know it will be a fight to just get reinstated anyway.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Just got back on since last night and I want to thank you all for your input - come to think of it, I have heard of folks who did not have their WT done -- however, does everyone who studies underline their lessons -- they may have read it but dont want to underline -- again, this is so off the wall, and yes, I have heard it mentioned that if the wife is not making enough comments he will not make MS or elder... that is right

You have all jogged my memory - thanks again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit