Did you ever bribe someone not to tell the elders on you? Did it work or not?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly136
    nelly136

no. didnt take the presented on a plate ideal opportunity to lie my way out of my predicament either.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Bribes, no. Threat of a knuckle sandwich, yes.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I tried that before. Don't tell the elders about X or I'll tell them about you and you know who. Didn't work, they told the elders AND fessed up their shit. Of course, they got off scot-free and I got reproved.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Why bother try to Bribe..... it's like the Mafia

once 1 person sees............. your FUCKED!!

Either collect Info on those who know.....................

or accept the HIT

• ex-witness
    ex-witness

Wow. You'd bribe someone not to rat you out to false doctrine teachers? I can't even register that on the Pathetic-o-meter.

I was questioned by an elder regarding my sin (smokin' the herb "God made it. If he didn't want us to use it, he shouldn't have created it to GROW EVERYWHERE.") and the very first question was "Did you smoke weed with my son?" (Two things to note - one.. he wasn't concerned with MY spiritual welfare but his own son's. Two - he wasn't concerned with his son's welfare, but his standing in the congregation as Service Overseer)

My reply, as anyone who's seen Goodfellas would,"Nope. I was alone. No one knew about it." Remember what Jimmy said,"Keep your mouth shut and you never rat on your friends." (Incidentally, 3 of them left "The Organization" after I did. Oh... and I got reinstated smoking weed and taking acid for the entire year I was out. :) Was even trippin' balls the night I was reinstated.. had to go home before the announcement for "stomach cramps")

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

You did it RIGHT LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit