JF Rutherford In St Louis,Missouri

by Bangalore 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• designs
    designs

Missouri, and St. Louis were important to the growth of the Bible Students. At the turn of the century St. Louis hosted a World's Fair and the Bible Students had an exhibit at the Fair to make contact with the huge crowds that came. My maternal Grandparents met the Bible Students at that Fair and my grandfather would go on to lead Ecclesias' in Colorado and later California.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

If the newsman had a chance to interview some of the Bethelites at that time "privately", I'd bet he have a different story on the "Judge's" character. Olin Moyle must have had a laugh if he read this article.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It doesn't matter if I'm called Judge or jackass

Really, so why did every book, poster and leaflet refer to him as either 'Judge Rutherford' or 'The Rt Hon J F Rutherford'?

George

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

He "prefers to be known only as president of the three corporations which do the Witnesses' publishing", but now the WTS has removed all references to "president" in their publications.

• read good books
    read good books

Why was he so carefully guarded as if he were a real President? Were there some people that wanted to get the Judge?

He says we simply try to do what the Biblbe says and don't try to twist it to serve our own ends? Of course they made their own translation of the Bible to say what they wanted it to say.l

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Bangalore, can you tell us the name of the newspaper this article appeared in and what thedate of publication was?

If possible, I'd like to see the rest of the article, too.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Nathan Natas,

The first part of the article states he was interviewed by a reporter from the Globe Democrat, which was a St. Louis newspaper for many years. It is now defunct.

Ginny

• VM44
    VM44

Nathan,

This article is contained on pages 44,45 of this "Newsclippings" file at archive.org.

http://www.archive.org/details/WatchtowerNewsScrapBook

Also check out page 16 to see an Rutherford's "Honor Guard"!

• read good books
    read good books

Rutherford looks like a Mafia Godfather, did he need a honor guard to protect him from a hit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit