The History and Evolution of Rock and Roll

by alice.in.wonderland 177 Replies latest social entertainment

• St George of England
    St George of England

This is this history of MODERN Rock & Roll, you missed the first 15 years or so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5fsqYctXgM

Then you need to add in Little Richard, Chuck Berry......

Never mind!

George

• streets76
    streets76

Here it is folks, a primer of what not to listen to.

• dinah
    dinah

Alice forgot Sympathy for the Devil............................

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Well you started out ok Zeppelin............. but R&R stated with Elvis .....if you wanted to start in the 60's wellllllll.... Beatles and Stones..

But then you got all 14 yr old boy on us. If that is the History and Evolution of Rock.... Honey.. I would of killed myself instead of becoming a Musician. I know why your like the way you are. I haven't met many who listen to your type of Music hahaha and aren't on Prozac.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I omitted bands I didn't like in the 70's which was quite a few.

1980's: Much Better:

I personally preferred music in the '70s. Artists seemed more inclined to explore their own limits rather than adhere to the prefabricated format that seemed acceptable to the masses in the '80s.

Maybe it's me, or maybe it was the JW influence, but I found much of the '80's music sounded the same. Loud guitars, and screeching whiny vocals. I can't stand men with screechy, whiny voices.

I never cared for the likes of the Beatles, Led Zepplin, or the Rolling Stones either. My tastes were more along the lines of Yes, King Crimson, Mike Oldfield, Pink Floyd, and a few Styx songs, mostly their early work.

W

edited to add: I hated the Yes vocals, but the instrumental work made up for it. My favourite Yes song was "The Gates of Delerium" from the Relayer album.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Are you trying to impress us now, with how "bad" you are?

** cough, cough...Loser...cough, cough **

• Finally-Free
  • Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

the thing is even in the COOLEST High School................

You still would of been the...............Special Student.

What no Stryper songs Loser

• Dark Side
  • miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Well you started out ok Zeppelin............. but R&R stated with Elvis .....if you wanted to start in the 60's wellllllll.... Beatles and Stones..

Ahem......Chuck Berry......Ahem!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit