Cooking opinion

by beksbks 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ok, I have a huge basket of cherry tomatoes from my garden. No way will we be able to eat them all, and I have already given some to neighbors. How does a sauce made from them sound? Throw it all in a pot with some herbs, garlic, onions. Cook it down, and then I'm thinking maybe strain/sieve????

Thoughts?

• nelly136
    nelly136

and salsa.

• nelly136
    nelly136

or you could slow roast them first before you throw them in the pot

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I was thinking more along the line of projectiles as opposed to cooking.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

A nice salsa or marinara...or both...a few jars of each...mmmmm

• beksbks
    beksbks

They are getting a bit soft, so I think cooking is neccessary. I like the idea of roasting them, but it's gonna be 110 here today

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Here's what you do with them: You cut them in half and use them in the following recipe (from memory - don't have exact proportions)

You get 6 boneless chicken breasts and put them in an oven-proof pan; cover them with 1 1/2 cups white wine; some garlic and a couple of fresh basil leaves and all those cut up cherry tomatoes; you bake it at about 350 for 1/2 an hour; then remove from oven; put a slice of Swiss or other cheese of your choice on top of each breast; bake for another 5 minutes or so until the cheese melts and VOILA! Dinner is served. Well, you have to make another vegetable for on the side, but it's really simple and quite yummy. If there's anything I forgot, I will advise in the days to come but I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it.

I know you will still have some cherry tomatoes left over, but at least this way you will use a few!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Make sauce and send me some.

W

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just saw on Rachel Ray yesterday a sauce she made using cherry tomatoes.

Make a sauce!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    They are getting a bit soft, so I think cooking is neccessary. I like the idea of roasting them, but it's gonna be 110 here today

It is 110 in San Francisco??? I like them pickled in spicy vinegar with onion slices, cucumbers, and hearts of palm. Some of them. Most of them I would make marinara sauce and freeze it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit