"New Generation Teaching Proves How Close the End Is"

by Sour Grapes 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Why are they always so sure? They are just clutching at straws and constantly making a laughing stock of themselves. Why don't they concentrate on the here and now and just accept that they they don't know when Armageddon is coming? (just for the record I don't believe there will be an Armageddon)

The cynical answer (and I am a total cynic when it comes to the Watchtower Bible & Tract society) - is that they depend on constant anxiety over the coming end of the world to keep their people in line, making contributions, and selling literature. When one of these prophecies fails, they fall back to one of the time-honored strategies: Change what they said they meant (like they did on 1914 itself, and later the "generation of 1914"), quit publishing it so that it eventually dies out (like they did with 1925), or simply deny that they ever said it (like they did over 1975). Their people are members of a high-control cult, and will pretty much go along with just about any new change in teaching.

• MissyM
    MissyM

It's so difficult to understand that people can be so gullible and controlled whilst parading it as "faith". Sorry to anyone who may still believe it, I don't mean to be condescending, it's just such a shame that they are sitting in the Kingdom Hall watching precious life pass them by whilst being basically conned by men.

• booby
    booby

JWoods - Exactly. Can we/anyone imagine the results of "brothers, because we are and have been trying so diligently to follow the spirit guided direction from Jah, we overstepped and became to involved in concern of the ""end"" resulting in losing our focus on the truly important issue of preaching. This resulted in what has been a totally wrong blah, blah, blah and we are now changing our focus back to where it should have been all along. So we urge you all to follow our new spirit guided direction to "advertise, advertise, the King and his Kingdom".

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

What I could never understand was why they were always concerned about Armageddon "just being round the corner".

The way I see it is that the bible is very clear on the fact that no-one knows when it will happen and it will come when no-one is expecting it. Surely, if the JWs are always expecting it - it won't happen.

Furthermore, if one lives a good Christian life, i.e. treat others how you would wish to be treated etc. etc. what does it matter when it happens, you are in good standing in any event.

Surely, the whole purpose of no-one knowing is so that people always live a good a caring life and not just turn it on to get through Armageddon.

These are just some thoughts I had on Armageddon.

LI

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

How much will they keep stretching it before the rank and file start to wake up?

Bangalore

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Don't you worry Bangalore.

The rank and file are in deep sedation; new light pumps in more opium. There is no hope of a massive awakening.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ah, if only the JW's would just READ Acts Chapter 1.

All their answers would be right there.

• Mary
    Mary
    He said that the older anointed who saw what took place in 1914 are now a very small number and that those of the younger anointed who are in the overlap have a limited life span and the great tribulation has to occur before their death so we should not think that the end is pushed off because it is closer than we think.

Riiiiiight. They've been spewing the same crap for over 100 years now. If 'The End' is so close, then why did they even have to change the meaning of what constitutes "this generation"?? Ask any CO, DO, or Crooklyn itself and they will all give the very, very strong 'hint', that the Big A is no more than a few years away at most. They will never, ever concede that it could be 30, 40, 50 or 100 years away because they know full well that the vast majority of Witnesses would dramatically slow down on the treadmill and the treadmill must keep going no matter what.

Talks like this show the depth of their fear and desperation that the rank and file are going to figure out that the powers that be are full of crap and haven't a clue what they're talking about. People are in fact, making their way towards the Exit sign and the GB members are trying anything and everything to try and stem the flow. They've faced mass exodus before, most notably in 1914, 1925 and 1976 when huge numbers left after failed prophecies. What's happening now is not a so much a mass exodus, but a steady haemorrhage. Whereas before the numbers eventually stabilized, it doesn't appear that that's happening anymore. Thanks to the internet, sites like JWN, Freeminds and JWFacts, finding out the truth about the Truth is just a few clicks away.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

If the Witchtower Babel and Trick Society stopped talking about how

close the end is many JW's would do the slow fade. Once they saw

how refreshing it is not to have to stay on the JW treadmill they would

stop all together.

It is the same reason why they turn in their time. If they did not have to

turn in time they would stop going out.

Sour Grapes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest