Zeitgeist.... Interested to hear your criticisms...

by hotchocolate 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Unreliable on the religious end. Shoddy research.

Tammy

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Lots of claims made. Little or no evidence presented.

• tec
    tec

Okay, CD...

The copycat Jesus claims are unreliable. I didn't get far enough to test anything else. I'm not going to go through them all because I've done so on other threads, and will find those if I can - though others have shown this as well.

But here is just one:

Jesus (and all kinds of other 'god-men') were born on December 25th. False. First, everyone here knows already that Jesus was not born on that date. And with the exception of Horus perhaps (celebrated around winter solstice) neither were any of the others that they claimed to do so. People just seem to be citing one another on the internet, with no original or archaeological documents to back up those claims.

It doesn't take much research to know that Jesus was not born on that date. So why try and provide a link to the others on a date that is wrong to begin with? Unless you're trying to pad a case or simply uninterested in proper research - just to push your own agenda.

If you want a quick place to debunk these claims, http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/Home.html is one place to go. He lists all his sources, and you can make up your own mind from there.

Tammy

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

A guy surviving three days in the belly of a fish and then being saved by a squash is a LOT more believable...

Why not try looking into how many things Jonah and JESUS have in common? You'd be amazed.... Jesus even SAID to compare the two stories!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hey tec

I wasn't referring to your post when I said lot's of claims made and no evidence. I was referring to the movie Zeitgeist.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Tec, as every ex-dub knows, the Dec 25 date for JC isnt' right, and was what made me ask the question. Too busy to do the research so I'm being a little lazy in asking the board, although I did find it a very interesting video. :-)

• tec
    tec

Hey tec

I wasn't referring to your post when I said lot's of claims made and no evidence. I was referring to the movie Zeitgeist.

Oh. LOL at myself :)

Hotchocolate - just click on the link I gave, scroll down, and you'll see all the comparison claims made. He did all the research.

Tammy

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

There is

Zeitgeist: The movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHiuaGJ46zo

and its sequel

Zeitgeist: Addendum

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912#

The first part of Zeitgeist movie is all wrong, about the sun.

In the last part of Addendum from a jw point of view its almost like a pro armageddon campaign , going from world power corruption to pro atheist views regarding the closing of religion freedom.

Another good youtube clip is "leo zagami project camelot"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit