hi ,im new here!!

by TheTruthAboutTheTruth 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TheTruthAboutTheTruth
    TheTruthAboutTheTruth

Hi guys,

I have been snooping around on this site the last few months(this site is great, has helped me big time!)and have decided to introduce myself and stop being so nosey and start commenting!!

My story:

I was brought up a jw since i was 2 years old, my mum got very involved, my dad was an unbeliever.I had always thought it was ''the truth'' .My mum got disfellowshipped when i was 14 because she met another man while separated from my dad,but went back after 5 years, i started studying again soon after as i thought it was the right thing to do for myself and my 3 children.I was back at the meetings for about 18 months preparing myself for baptism, even marrying my boyfriend so i could qualify.Then one night at the meeting i got a very strange feeling, i felt scared, like everyone around me were zombies and i nearly had a panic attack. It took me a while after that to start researching and finding out the real truth!

The things i found out about the history of the organisation and the flip flop doctrines really stunned me!I called the elders to my house to ask questions and see if they could give me an explanatory answer..well you know what happened then...they filled me with crap that a complete fool wouldn't fall for( one that wasn't brainwashed completely anyways)

About 2 weeks later my 5 year old son started telling me things that were happening at the kingdom hall. He was being abused by a man there for months :( I was horrified and felt so guilty! I had suspected this man was a child molester, but i thought my kids were safe there with so many people around, i had told the elders my concerns about him but they disregarded them. My son also told me he had told an elder what this man was doing to him a long time before he told me.And he never told me or did anything about it!! Anyways i went to the police and got statements and they have told me tonight that this man is going to be arrested this week, they have a ton of evidence, apparently there has been numerous allegations made about him in the past!!

My mum is still a die hard jw and has almost completely shun me, even though i was never baptized, along with my younger sisters. I feel so sorry for them as the congregation is trying to put the blame on my mum, and they are saying she told me to lie about the abuse!!! WTF??Yet she still supports them to the last.

Anyways, i would say some of ye know me from facebook, ive recognised some pics.

Im getting alot of crap from jws and my family, its as if ive done something wrong even though it was my child who was abused, they are scared because they know i will not keep this quiet and they are basically done in the small town i live in!!

Oh yes, another thing the person on here reinaa was a friend on my list on facebook and everything she said was true...from what she told me anyways, i feel sorry for her getting sucked back into the cult,she blocked me as soon as i told her i knew it was her on this site!!I remember her name ;)

Here is a little something i wrote;

Only 2 years old when they knocked on my door,
    They said they had the truth,my mum wanted more,
    They said they were Gods channel of communication,
    His worldwide,visible organisation.

We went to the kingdom hall 3 times a week,
    Door to door,house to house we would zealously preach.
    Birthday celebrations were a thing of the past.
    The end was near, we had to work fast.

We were God's chosen ones,us against the world,
    I thought i was special even as a young girl.
    Self righteous, judgemental, conditional love.
    Out of everyone else, we were above.

Then i matured,things didn't seem right,
    I was confused with all these flashes of light.
    Shouldn't truth always be the same?
    My logic was telling me it shouldn't change.

Doubts crept in, I tried to push them away,
    I thought satan was leading me astray.
    My hope turned to fear,they couldn't have lied.
    But my thoughts were not going,as hard as i tried.

I had to do research, I needed to see
    If it was the truth they were teaching to me.
    We were always taught we should not question,
    The faithful slave had Jehovah's direction.

One Thursday night at the hall,I could easily tell
    None of it was real, they were under a spell.
    Fake,plastic smiles to hide all they could,
    This was not the truth, this was a cult.

Then i dived into the past of the society,
    I read and i pondered, all very quietly.
    1914 will mark the time of the end
    No, 1925 the prophets will descend.

1975 will be the end of this system,
    When it failed to come true,many stopped listening.
    There are many passages in the bible ,I believe
    Beware of false prophets,they come to deceive.

My eyes were opened, I truly was stunned,
    I knew what was next, I was going to be shunned.
    But i picked myself up, the truth set me free,
    From the clutches of the watchtower society.

• Essan
    Essan

Hello! Yay, I'm the first greeter. Never had that happen before. :)

Your upbringing was a lot like mine in many respects. Thanks for sharing your story so candidly, you have had some heartbreaking experiences. You clearly had far too much heart and far to much intelligence for the Society to hold you prisoner forever.

You're out and free. Don't look back! :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome truth, there are plenty here who understand your plight

hate that your mom is not there for you, but here's a hug

and again welcome

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi essan, you beat me to the punch

• littlebird
    littlebird

Welcome & I commend you on your bravery. They are very afraid of your talking. Fortunately, you are not baptised so they can't disfellowship you . You may be treated as such, but they cant accuse you of being a scorned ex witness making this stuff up. I you havent already, look up silentlambs.org. Also andersoninfoservice(Barbara Anderson) has a thread of few pages back that you might find interesting regarding the 2 witness rule.

I pray for your sons as well as your recovery and strength to deal with this.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Welcome!

I know what it's like to have a so-called unbeliever for a father and to have others crap on my family for it. I stopped attending when I was 17 and got sucked into baptism ten years later. Lucky that you didn't. I'm mortified to hear that someone abused your child. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It's even worse when family members side with the enemy.

You'll find lots of ears to hear and maybe there's even a shoulder for you to cry on too.

We're here for you,

V665

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Welcome, TTATT, and thank you for the poem!

My son also told me he had told an elder what this man was doing to him a long time before he told me.And he never told me or did anything about it!!

Depending on the laws where this occurred, the elder could face jail time for failing to report suspected abuse. If you're in the US, see the Department of Health and Human Services to check whether your state has a mandatory reporting law (most do, a few don't).

Anyways i went to the police

Good for you! Do what's right for your son, he needs you to stand up for him. Anybody who says to do otherwise is not worth listening to.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board! I am looking forward to read many more posts from you.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome, and good for you for standing up for you son! I hpe they put that pervert under the jail.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome to JWN!

Thank you for sharing your story. That can be painful. I'm so sorry about your son - how terrible! I'm so glad you went to the police. I hope that man gets what he deserves as well as the elder that kept it from you. You'll have lots of support here. There are lots of sincere people who have gone through similar things.

Great poem. I wish you all the best!

Hadit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit