Like and Dislike buttons

by KateWild 10 Replies latest forum suggestions

• KateWild
    KateWild

I have been visiting and commenting on JWN on my phone and have had a lot of success. The only thing is a couple of times I have hit the like or dislike button and can undo it.

Simon could you add a way to help us uncheck a mistake..... I am not too concerned about the like button as much a the dislike....I wouldn't Want to discourage any posters

Kate xx

• Simon
    Simon

If you accidentally do one then clicking the other will at least change your vote.

Don't worry about the number on the screen, the system enforces a single vote at the backend (if you refresh the page you'll see the values changed)

I have place to make the UI much slicker and have a clearer "undo" for lots of actions. I have the same thing on Twitter on my phone - my fat fingers retweet or fav things I don't want to. I think they do it on purpose.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks Simon I will test this out on your post

Kate xx

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

There does seem to be a fair few accidental dislikes, how about moving the dislike to the other side of Flag?

Like Flag Dislike

I know the way you have it is more natural, but there's some fat fingers and small screens out there...

Or you could increase the spacing of course.

• Simon
    Simon
    How do you know they are accidental?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    How do you know they are accidental?

BOOM!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    People post an apology after saying it was accidental...
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol my fat fingers are guilty of such
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    Yeah, just done it by accident here. Seems to have reset - so you thank you to whoever has done that.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    On a different subject, is it possible to have a view count on the thread?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit