JT blog radio on JW alternative service

by darth frosty 13 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just sharing this is from Oldtime JWD poster JT

HI Folks

I hope everyone has been doing well.

Lady C and myself are doing a Blogtalkradio program this Sat at 10AM eastern time . We are going to be discussing the Society's teaching on "Alternative Service" and the impact that this teaching has had on 1000's of young's mens lives.

How New Light has serious reprecussions for those who get caught in the "middle" of the change.

Our Program's Focus is Critical Thinking. When it comes to the Watchtower Theology the best approach is to use and apply critical thinking skills- especially when many of thier teachings are Elevated to Divine Law with punishment for Violators.

If anyone would like to share an experience on Alternative Service, know of someone who was impacted or merely add a thought --please feel free to do so. If not, just listen in enjoy.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nofog

As a JW we all lived in the "FOG"
    F-FEAR
    O-OBLIGATION
    G-GUILT

well today there is 'NO FOG'

JT

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi DF, thanks for the heads up, make sure he looks at the South Korean situation. It makes me feel sick looking back when I toured the South Korean Bethel and saw a photographic wall tribute to all the young brothers who have died in Jail from serving prison sentances for refusing military service which is compulsory.

They died in prison as a result of rapes and beatings for their stance. My understanding now is that they are allowed to perform alternate service, something the local Korean brothers have been requesting for a number of years, which would have prevented those deaths.

Yet, how the society places on a pedastel the deaths of these young men for which they share bloodguilt...

Cheers, Mattieu

• minimus
    minimus

I always loved JT. He was one of the sharpest posters when I first came here.

I wish he'd post here again.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I hope everyone gives this a listen!

This is pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The WT$ made those who went up against the draft boards seem like the ultimate example's of faith. Than in a raggedy '96 WT they shit on everything those poor souls went thru.

You will do yourself a great service to listen to this and foward it to other JW's.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Damn I just started listening to last weeks cast about 'How religious beliefs affect families.' He did a skit on the school and JW's brochure. That lil blue sumoabish ruined my sporting life (dare I say career.)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

18 min mark of the 'How religious beliefs affect families' show was on point!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just bumping for the night crowd

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Their show comes on every sat at 10 am (just 10 minutes away.) If your like me stuck at work or have time give them a listen!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Todays show is on JW failed prophesies.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

He just played the clip from a GB member saying 75 is gonna be the end!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit