Should a DF'd person lie to get reinstated?

by DT 16 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

Many do lie, usually just so they can talk to family again.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

asilentone, "family reasons" may work for some people, but not for me. I am df'd. My kids shun me, but that action will not blackmail me or force me into going back. I could not live such a lie.

My kids will have to learn to live without me.

Besides, I could never stop dancing, for example. I'm having too much fun in my new life!

ESTEE

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Sorry sab, family is still family. It's called unconditionall love. Yeah, maybe the JW's don't practice it but are you any better by completely discounting your JW family? Family is family, no matter their flaws.

"Please, sir, may I have another?"

If your JW family is pro-actively (emotionally) abusing you, it is often quite wise to cut them off. Each situation is different.

Ending a toxic relationship couldn't be more different than the institutionalized, mandatory shunning practiced by Watchtower.

Apples/Oranges

• DT
    DT

Thanks for the comments. I agree that it is usually pointless to try to return to that organization. I can see why some might do that for family, but I never would.

What I find interesting is that many JWs would say it is better to be honest than to sacrifice your honesty to be part of the organization again. The problem is that they don't think of the implications for those who don't join because they can't honestly support all the current teachings of the governing body or those who leave because they feel that staying would compromise their honesty. In those situations, JWs tend to favor being part of the organization over being honest.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I agree with D.T because my ex-girlfriend lied in the backroom;to where I told the the truth.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Theocratic warfare strategy. Lying is allowed if it meets your end goal. sammieswife

• blondie
    blondie

I know a pedophile that lied to stay in the organization...admitted it later to several jws...the JC elders had no interest in investigating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit