Resurrection of Lazarus only mentioned by John, not others, why?

by VM44 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Is it okay to pray to the Holy Spirit?

One does not need to pray TO the Holy Spirit, dear one (peace to you!). One can simply speak with that One, just as that One speaks with/to such one...

Or, just to the Father?

The way my Lord explained to me is that (1) there is no "law" regarding it, truly; (2) so long as whatever one is doing is done is love, in which case, it's fine; however, since (3) JAH is the "hearer of prayer"... well, I will let you come to your own conclusion...

Jesus prayed to Father.

Well, since that One left us a pattern to follow, prayer to the Father is appropriate, yes?

Did he pray to Holy Spirit?

He is the Holy Spirit, dear one, with no need to prayer to himself. Thus, when he DID pray, he didn't say, "Holy Spirit... such and so..." He is recorded to have said, "Father... such and so..."

These Greek modalities confuse me!

Understandably. But you don't have to refer to them to try and understand; indeed, you are most assuredly wasting your time doing so. Much greater men (in the minds of some... if not their own minds)... have done so... and didn't get it... and are doing so, yet... and don't get it... yet. That's why you have all of the versions, and debates, and writings... to explain the writings... and the writers... and what this one wrote/meant... in contrast to what that one wrote/meant... if indeed that one actually wrote or meant anything at all... etc.

But you don't need to CONTINUE in your confusion... about God, Christ... or "Greek modalities." The Source is just as available to you as he is to me. He's there. All you need to do is ask. In faith. Indeed, you can even ask for faith. As one man is recorded to have said, "I have faith - help me out where I NEED faith!" You can ask that very same thing... and you will receive it... if you have faith [the size of a mustard seed]. Because that's really all it takes.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Terry
    Terry

But you don't need to CONTINUE in your confusion... about God, Christ... or "Greek modalities." The Source is just as available to you as he is to me. He's there. All you need to do is ask. In faith....

The way my Lord explained to me is that.....(snip!)

Gosh, I wonder how many of us can say the Lord has explained something to us!?

I'm awed. No, really. I'm doing my best not to think of you as suffering delusions of grandeur. Trying hard....

Your explanation speaks volumes.

Let me see if I understood correctly.

1.Jesus did NOT pray to the Holy Spirit because HE IS the Holy Spirit and that would be praying to HIMSELF. Right?

2.Jesus DID pray to his Father even though HE IS his father and somehow that is not the same as praying to himself. Right?

Oh--gosh! I thought I almost had it......!

If only the Lord would explain to me as plainly and logically as He has explained it to you personally!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Terry, where did Shelby said Jesus is his Father ???

• tec
    tec

2.Jesus DID pray to his Father even though HE IS his father and somehow that is not the same as praying to himself. Right?

Yep, I don't believe Shelby has ever said, or even believes, that Jesus (or Jaheshua - don't know if I spelled that right) is his Father.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

You spelled it right, dear tec, and the greatest of love and peace to you... and to you, too, dear PSacto!

Gosh, I wonder how many of us can say the Lord has explained something to us!?

My guess is not many, dear Terry (peace to you!)... but I'm not what that has to do with me. I mean, I don't choose who hears Christ... and who doesn't... and why...

I'm awed. No, really. I'm doing my best not to think of you as suffering delusions of grandeur. Trying hard....

No worries - you'll get there, I have no doubt...

Your explanation speaks volumes. Let me see if I understood correctly.

Thank you and, sure, let's see, but somehow I doubt that you did. But I could be wrong...

1.Jesus did NOT pray to the Holy Spirit because HE IS the Holy Spirit and that would be praying to HIMSELF. Right?

Correct.

Ahhhh... yes, now I understand dear tec and PSacto's responses. My Lord did pray to his Father, yes. My Lord is not his father, so... no, it is not the same thing as praying to himself. Are you your father? Are you talking to yourself when you talk to your father? I mean, I'm just asking...

Oh--gosh! I thought I almost had it......!

Almost. One out of two ain't bad, though. Try again? Here, let me help you:

"... when he DID pray, he didn't say, "Holy Spirit... such and so..." He is recorded to have said, "Father... such and so..."

If only the Lord would explain to me as plainly and logically as He has explained it to you personally!!

Seriously? Then why don't you ask him to do so?? The only thing standing in your way... is you... and your lack of faith.

As always, I bid you peace, dear Terry!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Terry
    Terry

The early church was torn in half (Byzantium vs Rome) over this very topic. Why? Because you can't define nonsense into a believable and defendable doctrine. Consequently, the powers that be merely DECLARED IT ORTHODOX. So, now--you use it to escape admitting to folly.

homoousios

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit