Roger Clemens being charged with perjury for lying to Congress. One of those GTFOH moments in life.

by miseryloveselders 11 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I don't vote, I'll never vote. Some of that may be due to a JW upbringing, but I'm convinced a lot more its my upbringing in the city. I hate politicians with a passion. There's a side of that still likes the thought of JW style armageddon just to see politicians die get destroyed.

On a serious note, how can anybody get charged with lying to a politician. WTF!!! Seriously, how ironic is that? So they're going to go after Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds because they lied to Congress. In other words they're getting charged for lying to organized liars. It just doesn't make sense to me.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

how about Alex Rodriguez and the other 100 or so?

they are selectively usign scapegoats.

I'll never watch another MLB game again

BTW, give Pete Rose his hall of fame due!

• badseed
    badseed

What amazes me is the amount of people who believe the lies and waste their time actually voting for these people. Now that doesn't make sense to me.

• badseed
    badseed

Ya give Pete Rose his hall of fame dues, he was one of the best.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Congress is a legal institution. When testifying before congress you swear to tell the truth. What you think of the politicians involved as no bearing on the matter. You can't lie in court just because you don't like lawyers, its the same thing.

I hope they come down on these guys like a ton of bricks. One of the great things about baseball is that it is a sport played by normal sized people. That disappears when they start turning themselves into artificial supermen. And the kids will emulate them if they get a chance. How many 25 years olds with atrophied testicles do we need running around?

Pete Rose knew the rules. Sorry, he made a choice and now he has consequences.

• new light
    new light

So Congress is supposed to turn a blind eye toward a known false testimony? I don't think so. Clemens lied to Congress under oath. What good is the law without enforcement? Yes, it may be hypocritical for corrupt officials to charge someone with perjury, but it must be done for the sake of the law commanding respect.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm fine with performance-enhancing drugs in sports.

That being said, I think Roger brought this upon himself. He should have either told the truth or kept his mouth shut.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

FOLKS, He is being charged not found guilty of anything. Let's wait for it to play itself out.

I understand that there is a long list of those that did steroids etc. that has not been released yet, why is that.?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

MLE - I understand what your saying and I generally hold elected officials in the lowest of lights and think they are generally all scum. However, Clemens didn't have to testify against himself. Look at McGwire. He took the 5th and didn't answer those questions.

Of course, I guess Clemens maybe didn't take steriods and therefore had nothing to fear and told the truth. Even then, he should have just envoked this 5th amendment rights. But, for the federal prosecutors to bring up charges and get an inditment for perjury, they must have some proof.

Clemens (in my opinion) is a typical athlete/entertainment star who thinks the rules don't apply to him. If you or I were to lie to Congress or a judge, you'd better believe they'd throw the book at us.

I guess a jury will sort it all out.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I thought that list leaked last year? Or the year before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit