Mourning the living dead- Hard to not wish they were actually dead though

by hopeful4eva 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mandette
    Mandette

That just sucks. I've had similar issues. NOTHING like that though. The worse was my dad telling me that if I married out of the "truth", that he wouldn't be there.

The other was the congregation throwing my parents an anniversary party. When the organizers asked for a guest list from my parents, I was NOT on it. And it was hidden from me until my sister-in-law accidentally spilled the beans. I was PISSED to say the least. And I'm not even disfellowshipped. One of those, "maybe this will touch her heart" BS.

All I could do was move on and love my parents anyway. Which I'm glad I did. I lost my dad a few months ago. We had made our peace. There was nothing really left unsaid. And regardless of that rotten religion, I KNOW he loved me.

I've never regretted biting my tongue and letting things go.

hang in there

M

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Really feel for you. However hard it is, you need to forget about them. They have made their bed & now they need to sleep in it. Wash your hands of them as they have of you.

Draw close to those that have genuine feelings for you & never forget that they are the ones in the wrong for shunning you.

My heart goes out to you xxx

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

we are on the same boat. I think of them as having alzheimer s and psychosis both at the same time. all you can do is love them even that they dont recognize you and that they are hostile with you.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

hopeful4eva Firstly let me send you a big Congrats on your wedding ! How lovely. I know how you feel but from the opposite perspective - I've lost all of my adult kids mostly due to the Org. It hurts like hell...I dont get to see my grandkids either...but I'm remarried and I try to stay focused on the really good things in my life. Some days it doesnt work so well and the sadness and grief overwhelms me - but its manageable these days. I refuse to let the Org ruin any more of my happiness if I can help it and I hope you can do the same. Big hugs to you sweetie.

Loz x

• Quandry
    Quandry

I know that there may be only one thing that may win her over, and that is love,

You are right, of course. Never give up.Here is a hug for you.

The day may come when she is treated badly in the congregation, and "wakes up." Don't burn bridges behind you so that you can't repair your relationship should this happen.

Maybe you could send her a card in the mail-one of those special Mom cards. Tell her that since you now have a child, you know the special bond and protective love a mother feels. Maybe thank her for changing all your diapers, etc. when you were a child. Tell her she is always in your thoughts. As hard as it is, stop there.

Even if there is no answer, you can feel that you've opened the door. Give her time. I hope that she may one day get the courage to walk through it.

I have a grown daughter, and love her dearly. I think your mother is trying her best to please the WTS, and not her heart.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

The only thing you can do , take one day at a time and do what makes you happy. Were not all going to be around forever so when possible "plant a seed "!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Sometimes in situations like yours, it's just better to accept the fact that she's not going to love you the way you need to be loved. Find it in other people, and give it out yourself, especially to your child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit