Did you wish the elders took you under there wing.

by Pitchess Co-Gen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Just wanted to bump this thread

• zoiks
    zoiks

An elder took me under his wing for a time, and then he tried like hell to find proof of apostasy when I became inactive. I think he took it personally. Fortunately the other elders wouldn't cooperate.

Every elder has his own opinion on how elders should function, how the congregation should be treated, and how things should be done. Some elders fall over themselves trying to be the one to mold the up-and-coming brothers in their own image.

• Twitch
    Twitch

No I never wanted their input in my life. I never believed they had any real life answers

• fokyc
    fokyc

In the early 1990's I returned from working abroad and I once again started going to the KH for the Public Talk and Watchtower with Sister fokyc.

Three Elders soon started taking ME 'under their wings', it was an amazing experience! 1st Elder decided I needed to have a study; 2nd Elder decided I should be going to HIS bookstudy but he wanted to know whether I would read, so he could put me on his schedule.

(I would say at this point I am Baptised and a good reader; these were the official requirements for reading at BS)

I started attending the BS regularly (Family book), I was never asked to read. On many occasions there was no other brothers to read and either a Sister read or the Sisters read around. People began talking about this and suggesting that I must be under reproof for some offence!

The BS conductor changed and so Elder No.3 came on the scene, after a few weeks of the same procedure he asked if he could come round for a chat! Sounds nice and uplifting doesn't it?

Friday he arrived alone and sat down with Sister fokyc and myself. He explained how he knew if people studied for The Watchtower! It was highlighted or underlined and being on the microphones you could easily see.

After a load more rubbish he eventually asked if I would like to know why I was not asked to read; strangely I said "NO, I don't wish to know", he insisted on telling me that I was not regular on the door-to-door work. I asked him "where exactly could I find that information?, he said "IF you regularly read the Kingdom Ministries then you would know."

I sat down and read ALL the KM's back until they were Informants and couldn't find that info., I told him this and I spoke to my Study Elder, he said "You are not ready for the preaching work yet".

Eventually the Body of Elders had a meeting and couldn't come to a decision about reading at the BS, they would have to ask the CO on his next visit! (1999) Six years passed with the CO staying with us, it was NOT my duty to ask him about the problem.

Three years later (2002) and the 1st Elder arrives with a new CO and they want a chat, "why wasn't I attending the meetings?" After a very quick resume of the previous 10 years; the CO agrees, The Body of Elders was wrong and needed to 'set matters straight'.

Matters have never been set straight to date August 2010 and the 1st Elder who is now the CoBoE stills tells people thet I have a problem with reading at The Book Study.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Wow these are very good stories lets keep them up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit