RE: can elders encourage DF'd persons...

by elderelite 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• elderelite
    elderelite

If I had to guess, I would say he WAS pissed about having to come by. i bet the majority on the body were trying to let you know it was OK and they wanted you to come back, prob didn't think you should have been DF'd and the two who were hard on you cried to him. Thus he cracked down on them and came to tell you what was what.

• Quandry
    Quandry

My daughter was 16 when 5 elders in a JC berated and humiliated her, then df'd her, after making her read a scripture from Rev. about liars that would burn in the lake of fire with the devil and his angels. That was over five and 1/2 years ago.

They have NEVER attempted to contact her in any way.

B@$t@d$

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Such joyful outcomes indicate that there may be disfellowshipped or disassociated ones who would respond to a merciful approach made by the shepherds..."

Ooooooo CRAP. Good thing that mag's dated '91; old enough to be OFF the elders' "to do" list, by now. Otherwise, I might actually have elders showing up on my door - 24 years later!!!

On the other hand, if I ever do decide to go "undercover", that will give me a convenient excuse - whatever JW lingo would be for that - to be allowed "back" in - as a "repentant" one on probation for a year or more...

I really don't think I'll ever be that bored.... But one can never tell...

If I ever do, I promise - WEEKLY reports!!!

Ooooo, I didn't read the 'fine' print - literally... This leapt out at me: "No visit would be made on any who evidence a critical, dangerous attitude or who have made it known that they want no help. ..."

PHEW!! I'm safe, after all!!

Zid

• cattails
    cattails

Wow! What about Jesus teaching about leaving the 99 sheep to go looking for the lost one.

It's all a matter of control, the directives to elders are probably due to the legal department's suggestions to the GB.

• looloo
    looloo

you have a message elderelite

• donuthole
    donuthole

Honestly, the elders barely have time to act as shepherds for their own flock let alone chase after strays. No visit in four years for me and now that every member of that elder body is either deceased, removed, disfellowshipped, and disassociated I doubt I'll ever get a visit. A shame, because I would really like one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit