Inappropriate - Sick - WT & Awake articles over the years.

by Essan 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just in reference to the Mickeymouse quote - in general:

September 1st 1987 WT:

How could even the ordinary believing JW actually believe such superstitious nonsense as this? Didn't anybody in the writing department call out a strong and reasonable BS ALERT before they set the type on that junk?

I guess it really has been a long, long, time since I have read any of their drivel.

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember thinking as a child I could never endure the horrendous brutality described in the WT literature.
    I felt the same way. It always troubled me when I heard that we would have to endure similar things, or worse, to survive to the end. It always made me feel worthless, because I knew I could never do it.

Count me in there as well.

Describing in detail some of the torture and then questioning if we had the integrity and strength to endure what these people had endured... ultimate in guilt pressure to make us conform.

Fucking cult bastards...

• jam
    jam

My son told me when he was young (11-12 yrs. old) the Malawi article cause intense nightmares.

I think back when I conduct the wt study on Malawi and gave talks on the hideous acts commited .

What was I thinking. I remember the facial expression of the young, horrified. I remember when I gave that

talk all was paying attention..It makes me sick to think about it..Today we protect our young from such

things. Another talk that was given, How the Christian died in the sport stadium in Rome..The

nuts in bethel made it clear, when you give this talk make sure the friends realize the horrible death

those early Christian experience(eaten by lions) in other words SCARE the living SH----- out of them..

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

The one that sticks out the most in my mind is the one WT study article about sex, where they discussed O&A at length. I felt like that was just totally inappropriate. I was thinking, "I'm in a place of worship on a Sunday morning, and this is what I have to listen to?"

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Oh yes, so many horrible articles that terrified the living daylights out of me as a child. I think most that stick in my head are of the nazis not finding literature which was hidden in curtains and the like, and having to remain hidden and silent. I always remember that playing on my mind, of how my sibling was a baby and how would we keep the baby quiet if we had to go into hiding?? Also the torture stuff from Rwanda etc.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

and then they told you to expect all this horrid stuff and persecution as a proof that it was the true religion...

oz

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

my mother refused to read those yearbooks.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

What a relief it is to finally realise I wasn't the only one to feel so totally worthless knowing I would not be able to endure such despicable, inhumane treatment.

As a child hearing these reports of persecution always troubled me, I was told 'You think too much, it probably wont even happen to you'

It troubled me because I just couldn't (still can't) see the point of god 'allowing' torture to happen, monitoring it to see that the torture 'will not go beyond what you can bear' before he kicks in.

You see my earthly father would've done all he could to prevent his child being tortured in the first place, if he had just sat there allowing bicycle spokes to be push through my legs, my limbs encircled by cuts so I could prove my loyalty to him I would have to question his character.

• Essan
    Essan

It's no wonder so many JW's suffer from mental illness and from terrible depression and anxiety. Ever noticed how many JW's break down with things like CFS or M.E.?

A truly abusive religion, especially to children.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bump.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit