Treatment of Women In the Watchtower Society

by phoebed 24 Replies latest jw friends

• phoebed
    phoebed

Hello

I am new here- and very very depressed. My story is very long and I can not now even tell all the story. I am shocked, disoriented, depressed. I feel betrayed. Betrayed by the Watchtower Society. I will soon come back here and tell you the story but first I need to state a few facts about myself:

1. Englih is my 4th language, so please be very patient with my grammar or mistakes.. Even though I did go against the rules ( Wathtower Sociey rules that is) and got high education here in States, I still cant write in perfect grammar- and I do apologize fo that.

2. I wont be able to tell you where I live and which congregation I am in ( I am still in congregation!) because I am afraid. ...

But here can we start the thread about wife's subjecion to authority of a husband. I read many scholarly literature on greek word "kephale" - meaning "head" in English. In my research I found an interesting discovery.

Did any of you do research on that subject? I recomend research on CBE International website. Please let me know. And as I proised soon I will come and tell my story. But nowI have to take some antidepressants to cope with the horror of my new discoveries about Watchtower Society.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Welcome Phoebed, It is a tough road, no doubt. You will find healing and understanding here.

• Gayle
    Gayle

We are proud you have gone on with your education. It shows your ability to learn and grow. You will be okay. I gather you're young yet to recover well and have a good positive life. Keep reading. Please read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz. You may get it a library, some may have to order it through a network library. Reading factual books about JWs will help you unravel a lot too. I know it feels bitter at first, but then gets bittersweet and sweeter and sweeter as time go on.

There is a good support group here for you.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Welcome to the board. It has been commented many times before how badly the JWs treat women in their midst - especially considering that the female majority is the backbone of their organization.

While it is bad (their disrespect for women) - you could look at it this way: It is not ever quite so bad as the Taliban have done.

But it is still bad enough to get out of this organization for that reason alone - aside from the wrong doctrines and false prophecy.

BTW - we have 1st language english posters here who cannot write or spell 1/10 as well as you do!

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board, Phoebed. Don't worry about your grammar or mistakes - your writing is remarkably clear. In fact, it's probably better than most native English speakers. You will find much here to give you comfort and support, and make many new friends, even if they are of the cyber variety.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Welcome!

I hope you feel better and can tell us your story when you are ready - I'm sure there are many of us who will understand and may have gone through something similar to what you are suffering now.

I grew up in the truth and felt that women were treated as a lower class than us men. It is quite shocking.

I hope we can help.

MMXIV

• african GB Member
  • thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hi and welcome.

Look forward to hearing your story, and trust me you will get help and support here. I physically shook for two days when I found out the Watchtower was based on lies. It's hard at first but after 18 months of being out, I can truly say I'm happy for the first time in my life.

((((hugs))))

• clarity
    clarity

Phoebed ... wonderful that you found this place, from what I can see it is very supportive although haven't been here long myself. To find out the Truth about the 'truth' is very shocking. Grief and rage about the deception of the watchtower is hard to get over. Take one day at a time.

clarity

• JeffT
    JeffT

Welcome to the board. Your English is certainly better than anything I could say in the other three languages you know. I look forward to hearing more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit