Email exchange with my JW cousin

by sabastious 21 Replies latest members private

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

sab, I would refer you to mouthy as I do believe she would meet your cousin's criteria... but it seems you have already been told not to contact your cousin again. It sucks being treated like that and for that I am truly sorry.

Jackie

• Mary
    Mary
    First, I asked for you to give me a name of a specific real life individual. Secondly, I asked you to give the circumstances of that specific individuals disfellowshipping. Thirdly, what steps did they take that showed repentance before and after the disfellowshipping. Lastly, what was the reason the brothers within the congregation gave for the disfellowshipping.

Here's a story that just might make your cousin stop and think.

Years ago, there was a sister in Toronto who found out her husband was having sex with their family dog. At that time, beastiality was not considered 'adultery' by the Organization and though she went to the elders about it, she was told she had no grounds for divorce. This sister thought otherwise and could not comprehend that Jehovah expected her to stay married to someone who did this sort of thing. She divorced her husband and was disfellowshipped. Her family and friends were all staunch Witnesses and they figured she should just look the other way instead of divorcing and bringing "shame" on the family and Jehovah's Organization. They all cast her off without a moments' hesitation when she got the Axe. Losing all her family and life long friends proved to be too much for her and she eventually committed suicide. A few years later, the Society got 'new light' and lo and behold, beastiality was indeed, adultery and grounds for divorce. This woman did absolutely nothing wrong, yet thanks to the sick, warped laws that this cult promoted at the time, she ended up paying the ultimate price.

Here are the two quotes from the Society's own literature on the matter. Note that there was no apology for their (obviously) wrong interpretation, and obviously no thought as to how many lives they destroyed with such a screwed up policy:

Sexually immoral acts committed by a married person with someone of the same sex (homosexuality) are filthy and disgusting. Unrepentant persons of this type will not inherit God's Kingdom. And, of course, bestiality is Scripturally condemned. (Le 18:22, 23; Ro 1:24-27; 1Co 6:9, 10) However, though these acts are grossly filthy, they do not constitute adultery and are not named as Christian grounds for divorce."---Aid to Bible Understanding, p. 460

Sexually immoral acts committed by a married person with someone of the same sex (homosexuality) are filthy and disgusting. Unrepentant persons of this type will not inherit God's Kingdom. And, of course, bestiality is Scripturally condemned. (Le 18:22, 23; Ro 1:24-27; 1Co 6:9, 10) These grossly filthy acts come under the broad designation por nei′a. It is also noteworthy that, under the Mosaic Law, homosexuality and bestiality carried the death penalty, freeing the innocent mate for remarriage.-Le 20:13, 15, 16.----Insight on the Scriptures, Vol. 1 p. 642

Ask your asshole of a cousin what he thinks Jehovah thinks of this.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Maybe give him CoC to read and invite him to read the chapters on Ray's experience with DFing.....though from the tone even that probably won't do much.

• ziddina
    ziddina

@ Broken Promises...

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Yeah, glad you pointed that out... I was thinking about doing so, myself, but upon seeing his nasty response to your mild (?) reproof, I'm glad you stepped forward to point out his error and take his unnecessary abuse...

Zid

• moshe
    moshe

Sometimes after getting a taste of a JWs mindset, it seems like JWs do deserve what they get in life.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How old is your cousin, Sab?

I ask because I can imagine myself saying the same sort of things 20-30 years ago.

The mind control is strong with that one.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Mad Sweeny, he is in his mid thirties.

-Sab

• yknot
    yknot

You rattled his cage......

Ncely played too.....

Now he has that pesky generations image having to be filed away in his mind, but likely to linger.

• tec
    tec

Give him a specific example. Mary's is great. There is another that I heard on this forum that was fantastic as well; since the poster got reinstated, I think, but no apology for the wrong df in the first place.

Your cousin will come back with 'show me proof'... but at least you can say that you gave him what he asked for.

Tammy

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Mary,

Awesome......

That post just rocked me all over again.

Just sick....absolutely sick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit