My 'cross to bear' so to speak

by Aussie Oz 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Nothing in life is free... not even freedom

It's the weekend for my kids to come down and it seems dear old dad just aint that important anymore...

Son who now has his licence has left school to work (i found out on facebook) and seems to be too busy, daughter has a party (with J dubs) she wants to go to saturday night. Of course the mother is delighted by this...As they are a two hour drive away it just stuffs up the whole weekend really. Not coming down till sunday, so it's going to be a very short 'weekend'.

I know that this will happen more as they get older but it doesn't make the pain any easier to deal with. I dont want to lay down the law and make her forgo the party but at the same time i wish i could. This is my 'cross to bear' for leaving their mother and the religion, my cross to bear for not fighting for them earlier. Now i have got the more time secured, it is like it's too little to late and i am going to lose them to teenage life and i fear, that god forsaken religion.

I feal like the wicked witch's plan is working: Cut their father out...

i dont want pity, it's of my making...it just sucks, thats all.

oz

• agonus
    agonus

We all have our crosses to bear mate... hey wait a minute, doesn't the fact that things are shitty for us mean that we have Jehovah's Approval TM ? Looks like we ain't serving Satan after all, I mean, most of us aren't sipping martinis on yachts with our Ivy-League educated children, right? I guess Paradise Earth TM might be our final destination after all!

• agonus
    agonus

Whoa, don't know what happened with the font there

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Aussie,

I've been through this, dear.

Don't blame the kids and don't blame the ex. It's the nature of teenagers. They want independence from their parents.

Be supportive and happy for them ( act like it, even if you're really not.... ) and always keep in touch, keep communicating and ask how their events went.

They'll come back to you.........In their early 20's........But they'll come back......

Take care,

Palm

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I went through a similar situation 10 yrs ago. The way I see it, if your boy has now got a licence and is working, he may get a wider friend base away from the jws.

That happened with my boy and with so many elders having kids of a similar age, they were just itching for him to put a foot wrong, because he could have been a bad associate(LOL) for their little darlings.

They got him. Ironically, it was his honesty when asked that got him booted out. The other little gutless buggers just lied (to daddy).

Don't know about your daughter though. Mine had the brains to get out before me!

• agonus
    agonus

At the very least, don't blame the kids. ;)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thanks guys... i'll have my little cry and pick meself up...

i will act happy... and wait...

oz

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Kids can hurt you - and its true teens are the worst.

Loz x

• agonus
    agonus

Seriously, though, blame your parents, blame your ex, blame the WT, blame yourself all you want.

But don't blame the kids.

• agonus
    agonus

Yeah Loz, but it's still not their fault. It's ours.

It won't be their fault until they're at least 30 (that's my rule of thumb anyways). And some of us may not even make it that far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit