Can someone give us a brief discription on the JW Religion ;)

by Loz&Coz 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Loz&Coz
  • asilentone
    asilentone

It is Theocratic Warfare Strategy Religion!

• yknot
    yknot

Hierarchical Premilennialist Publishing Company who revise when things don't play out as preached......all the will insisting absolute authority of an alleged appointing in 1919 even though the original founder claimed Jesus approval and backing from the beginning.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Just Google the attributes of a high control group (cult)

• agonus
    agonus

Too bizarre and complicated to be summed up in a brief description (and you MUST study its history and doctrine if you're to make an informed decision)...

Well, except maybe for "there but for the grace of God go I..."

... unfortunately too many before we truly received the grace of God went us already.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

God's chosen channel that is preaching the truth about his kingdom before the end comes.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is intentionally impossible to give a concise description of the religion, since it is constantly changing. However, you are forbidden from pre- or extramarital sex, going to any other religion or reading anything about any other religion not from their own sources, participating in selected "pagan" holidays or birthdays, taking whole blood transfusions or giving blood, being active in politics, gambling in any form, or carrying weapons of any kind. Also, any kind of "spiritism", including horoscopes, is banned. You are required to report to meetings and spread the religion from door to door.

If you break the prohibitions, you will be cut off. This means not being allowed to speak to anyone, including family, that is faithful. They will be required to cut you off or they will face the same penalty themselves. You will need to repeat the process, showing them that you have "repented" (whatever that means) of whatever rule you broke, and have another meeting before being reinstated.

The things that are prohibited but you only get hounded for breaking those rules are endless. They control the music you listen to, what you watch on TV or play on your video game system, the car you drive, your dress and grooming, how you raise your children, and they frown heavily on association with those outside the religion except to bring them into it. For more information, I suggest searching this forum--the list is endless and ever-changing.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lol @ Agonus. Erm no...I dont think I can ...not without getting banned for excessive use of expletives.

Loz x

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Disobeying the organizations leaders is just like disobeying God.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The discription will be as varied as the experiences of those who left.

family destroying would top my list...seconded by soul destroying.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit