New Apostate here

by skitt 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• skitt
    skitt

Hi All,

I did not know where to start, but figured the personal experience section was a good place to begin. Won't bore you with all the particulars today....but I was raised in "it" (wont call it the truth, cause it ain't) from about 1968. Baptized in 1985, faded about 2001.....woke up from the insanity after reading Ray Franz forbidden book a few years ago(crisis). Only sorry I did not read it earlier....but there was that fear factor instilled in me. Tired of living life in fear...

I always wondered why the meetings made me feel depressed and never good enough. Just got sick of trying to live up. My father quit going after the 1975 prediction failed. I'll save that story for another time. Anyhow, brief story here.....but needed to start unloading the garbage in my head. Made my stand with family and friends, now i'm considered the "apostate" Let the shunning begin.....

My wife has been on here for a while....known as "out of service". She has been a big help to me sorting out the lies and crap from the society.

Thanks for reading....

P.S. Anyone know where Robert O'Dell is? District overseer for the cult. He's the man that I feel ruined our family back in 1968.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Welcome!!

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

Welcome Skitt!

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Welcome, I have been here for about a year, faded 100% in Jan this year. Go ahead and unload, it is cathartic.

• avengers
    avengers

Let the shunning begin.....

No shunning here.

Andy

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome to JWN Skitt! I'm so glad you have the support of your wife. You've come to the right place to unload. The shunning is awful and evil! I can relate about the depressing meetings - nobody is ever good enough. You'll find lots of support here.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

You're not a bonafide apostate until you've denied the holy Governing Body as your personal savior at least 3 times, and have engaged in some dangerous 'independent thinking'.

Seriously, though - Welcome!

- Lime

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome skitt

look forward your story...

It's good your wife is with you on this journey.

oz

• yknot
    yknot

Talking about things is great therapy!

I too look forward to the 'rest of the story'

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Welcome Skitt, so glad you're out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit