Am I bad for doing that?

by asilentone 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I kill insects sometimes but only if they are where they shouldn't be. I do it quick & painless and I say sorry bud but I have to do this.

• crapola
    crapola

I think it's cruel to let anything die slowly. Just step on it or flush it!

• pirata
    pirata

Well, you have part 1 down pat. Part 2 is to slide paper underneath, carry it outside, and then let it free.

Or if you insist on killing it do it quickly by squishing it.

• nelly136
    nelly136

spider removing is my job, my daughter calls them huge, so we do the huge weeny? huge waving a kebab? or huge chewin on a cat? routine while i work out whether its a spider emergency rescue mission.

if my cats catch them first the legs go, but thats only to stop the juicy bit crossing its legs and making itself hard to swallow or climbing back out. occassionally they look like theyve got an extra set of whiskers or grown a moustasche.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Using a sunbeam through a magnifying glass to fry them is much cooler. I'm just saying.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Why dirty a drinking glass if you don't have to? Man up and just step on the darned thing!

• asilentone
  • ziddina
    ziddina

I'm with Aligot Ripounsous on this one...

Besides, since I sew, I believe in appeasing the Goddess of spinning, weaving, dying and sewing, the Goddess Arachnea...

So I catch lil' critters and release them... I've even rescued a butterfly or two from car grills, and have released them in my yard where they had a fighting chance, at least...

It's not exactly "faithful in least is faithful in much", but I feel my treatment of the little insects helps form a continuum of kindness in my life, which I have to WORK ON, because I'm NOT kind when it comes to dealing with a lot of humanity...

Zid

[edited...]

"...if my cats catch them first the legs go, but thats only to stop the juicy bit crossing its legs and making itself hard to swallow or climbing back out. occassionally they look like theyve got an extra set of whiskers or grown a moustasche. ..."

DaMM, Nelly, where do you live!!???!! Arizona??? Are we talking about TARANTULAS, here??? Those are BIG SPIDERS, lady... I'd be tempted to hook 'em up to a generator with a hamster wheel and reduce my electric bill...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm not here to condemn anyone. And we all have killed insects. But does it in any way reflect the way you view the sacredness of life in general?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    But does it in any way reflect the way you view the sacredness of life in general?

Perhaps. I feel about insects in my home the same as I feel about any creature regardless of species who has come into my home uninvited- they must die. If they wanted to live then they should have stayed outside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit