Vintage Watch Tower films

by neat blue dog 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Let's see... The WTS has released only very brief clips of the Photo drama, a VHS quality transfer of The New World Society in Action on JW Broadcasting, and fleeting clips from Heritage and the color convention films. Heritage is available on YouTube in low quality. Does anybody know of availability of other films, especially the much hyped God Cannot Lie? It may have had a 1975 or generation reference.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Never heard of the God Cannot Lie film. I put up Heritage, was the best I could do 20 years ago, sorry. Better than nothing. I also have "The New World Society in Action" but that was made available on disc some time ago so I didn't post it on YouTube. My version was kind of sucky too. The photodrama is on Youtube also.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Not that I have seen any of these films ,however , no doubt they are sanitized versions edited to hide embarrassing "truths" when they were first shown.

smiddy

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I've got a download of the photo drama of creation, it's VERY long, and VERY funny! (unintentionally).
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Wasanelder:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to bash your YouTube copy, I do appreciate it. As far as God Cannot Lie, it was said to be color, their first film with a soundtrack, on location shoots and dealt with prophecy, made the same year as Heritage.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Wasanelder:

Just curious, is the copy of the New World Society you have transferred from another source and NOT from the version released by the society in the 90s? If so, even if it's lower quality, there may be changes, you never know.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Heritage was produced by the WT Society for television broadcast. (They also released radio dramas for public consumption as part of an effort to fill the "religious programming requirement of television stations. I have those too. I like some of them, they are tacky but the acting was fun to listen to.) Heritage wasn't an "in-house" production simply for congregations. I saw it on television originally. The print of the film I had was from a circuit library that was being dumped. It was 16 mm and a couple of reels long. I transferred it. If you watched it you know it was about the advantages of being a "Christian" JW over the "worldly" lifestyle. It was not a doctrine based film so there was no reason to change anything. There was nothing to hide. Its the same film as produced, no edits.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Wasanelder:

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the New World Society in Action, not Heritage. The only version of TNWSIA everybody has was released by the society in 1995, and you said you had an inferior copy, right? There may be additional material from the 90s presentation in your version of TNWSIA, not Heritage, that's what I meant.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Got it. The movie "The New World Society in Action" was silent by the way. There was a script that the presenter would read. I read it against the 1st kingdom melodies tape for back ground music when I transferred the movie to video in those days. The new version doesn't have the narration because its just silly. The "Action(s)" of the New World Society then are so miniscule they just don't need to tout them. I wont post it because I am a fader and not interested in my voice being out there on it, Sorry.
  • mostlydead
    mostlydead

Thank you neat blue dog for bringing this up. I've been wracking my brain for a while now, trying to remember the names of these two films (Heritage, God Cannot Lie). I was very young when they were played at the Kingdom Hall, and I remembered that one of them at least had aired on T.V. "God Cannot Lie" is listed in the IMDb as having been released in 1966. Can't seem to find much more information about it, but would love to hear what this was about from any even older-timers than me. It's just on the outskirts of my memory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit