New DVD about WTS history: no generation too

by Gorbatchov 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I watched the new DVD earlier this week and the speaker at the convention did his presentation about the new understanding of the generation bla bla bla and the overlap of the generation bla bla bla and then presented the new DVD.

But also on the new DVD the overlap and even "the generation" is not mentioned at all.

The DVD is missing very much information and gives disinformation. My family asked in a choir "Was Russell not married" when we watched the DVD.

I told them that he was divorced (...)

"Ok..." was the answer.

Gorb

• St George of England
    St George of England

Not surprisingly they never mentioned anything about Rutherford's 'marriage' either. His wife and son at least get a footnote mention in the Proclaimers book.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sounds like more sanitised JW history to throw the doubters off the scent. I wonder if they will recall the proclaimers book for" recycling"?

• steve2
    steve2

Just as Seventh-Day Adventists play down or don't know or care about the earlier significance their founder placed on 1844, so growing numbers of raised-in-the-the-religion JWs don't know or care about the earlier significance of 1914.

This is not dissimilar from how Christian believers can "forget" that 2 millenia have past since their leader died and still hasn't "come quickly". To believe you need a fair dose of mental dullness - which helps grow evidence-starved "faith".

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

It's strange and suprising that they show the chart of the ages a number of times in the video as well. Never knew it was such a big thing at the time.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    they show the chart of the ages a number of times

That is so that they are famliar with it, while knowing nothing about it, so that it is no big secret for Apostates to surprise them with. It gives the impression that it is inconsequential, so that they can turn their brain off when a 'doubter' brings it up.

If you were planning on using it............ think of something better.

• designs
    designs

Sharpie,

Thanks for including the photo from the DVD, I haven't seen the film but the photo looks like my grandparents and the little girl like my mother, does the film provide the name of the family. My grandfather set up some of the first 'ecclesias' as they were called in California around 1901.

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Oh no it's just a screenshot of the campaign work for Studies in the scriptures... yes that's right they talk about that too.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Can non-members get this video?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit