Just My Story

by malian 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• malian
    malian

Hey Everyone:)
    Thanks for being so nice to me, I really appreciate it. I know I have to just stick this whole situation out, and its nice to know you guys are here. Thank you much.
    Yours,
    Malian

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

that's sad 4 u malian...

but u doan 'need' anyone - there is no one 'right' person for any of us...

but probably u have taken a step to emotional maturity that may stand u in good stead in the future....

oooh! yes -- and u probably learnt a second lesson - religion is big hassle -- doan fall for any of it!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

malian,

Welcome to the Board!

I am sorry you were hurt by the ending of your 5-year relationship with your JW boyfriend.

However, I have to come down on the side of those who say it's better to know NOW than to have even more regrets later.

Also, I am coming at this from the perspective of being the JW 'unevely yoked' with a non-believer and it's not easy AT ALL!!! There was always contention, division and hurt feelings in our immediate family. The JW religion permeates ALL areas of family life and true joy can never reside there if there is division.

I wish you healing and that you are able to find someone who holds the same CORE values as you do.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• mommy
    mommy

Malian,
    Welcome and thank you for sharing your story. I tend to forget sometimes that those who have never been a JW can still be adversly affected by it. How wise your words are, that the religion really does tear apart relationships. I have been out for 9 years and just joined the internet over a year ago, I can honestly say I still defended at times the JW's before I came here. The brainwashing runs deep, since I was raised in the org, and still have family in.

I hope that you have planted some seeds of doubt for your friend. Five years is a long time, and he is no doubt suffering from the loss of your relationship as well as you are. I am hoping the best for you.
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit