Other sheep are'nt...

by Haelcer 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

New light or not?

The Watchtower, October 15, 2010, p.17

What about those who are of the “other sheep”? (John 10:16) Although they have not yet been adopted as God’s children, they can appropriately call one another brother and sister because they form one united worldwide Christian family. (1 Pet. 2:17; 5:9)

Is it continuation of old doctrine?

*** w85 10/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

- Do those of the "great crowd" become part of Jehovah's universal organization?

... These of the “great crowd” are also tested as to their integrity. Their continued faithfulness now and on through the Thousand Year Reign and the final test will result in Jehovah’s declaring them righteous as perfect humans, along with resurrected ones who become part of Jesus’ “other sheep.” Being thus “set free from enslavement to corruption,” they will enjoy “the glorious freedom of the children of God.” (Romans 8:21) They then will be, as were originally Adam and Eve, the visible part of Jehovah’s universal organization. They will be the perfect, intelligent offspring of Jehovah and his wifely organization in heaven.

• Titus
    Titus

Continuation of old doctrine...

Sadly...

• Titus
    Titus

F()©k!N* stupid doctrine!

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

You right Titus...

Look at this:

*** w96 7/15 p.10 par.2 Jehovah's Family Enjoys Precious Unity ***

The apostle Paul wrote: “I bend my knees to the Father, to whom every family in heaven and on earth owes its name.” (Ephesians 3:14, 15) Every family line on earth owes its name to God because he is the Creator. Though there are no human families in heaven, figuratively speaking God is married to his heavenly organization, and Jesus will have a spiritual bride united with him in the heavens. (Isaiah 54:5; Luke 20:34, 35; 1 Corinthians 15:50; 2 Corinthians 11:2) Faithful anointed ones on earth are now part of God’s universal family, and Jesus’ “other sheep,” with earthly hopes, are its prospective members. (John 10:16; Romans 8:14-17; TheWatchtower, January 15, 1996, page 31) However, all of Jehovah’s Witnesses today can be likened to a united worldwide family.

" Jesus’ “other sheep,” with earthly hopes, are its prospective members".

Prospective?

• Titus
    Titus

"Prospective members" = "Future members" or "Possible members"

They can say whatever they want because 100% of Jehovah's Witnesses don't understand that doctrine. 100% - I tell you! Maybe few of them (not few percents, but few Witnesses) understand it.

I am active JW, and I know that situation very well.

• designs
    designs

Rutherford and Franz were continuing an old theological notion of 'Limited Atonement' and 'Election of the Elect'. It wasn't a new idea, just had a new suit of clothes.

In the book 'Riches' the scenario is laid out with Jonadab becoming a class or group. Franz was famous for his double and triple layer reading of texts. The Annointed were to be the modern Levites with priviledges of entering the Temple and performing the ceremonies. They always skipped over the texts that had the foreigners eating Passover along with the 12 Tribes.

Our old religion and a few groups like Fundamentalists still insist on a Literal reading and reading into texts of the Bible and never recognizing interpolations and folklore.

• Titus
    Titus

Try to ask them (JWs) simple question:

"How many sheepfolds is mentioned in 10 th chapter of John?"

FDS says 3 (gt chap. 80 The Sheepfolds and the Shepherd)

Witnesses usually say 2 (with first sheep and other sheep)

The Bible says 1

• Haelcer
    Haelcer

Other sheep aren't visible part of Jehovah's universal organization, aren't part of God's universal family, aren't God's childrens...

Who are you, other sheep???

• designs
    designs

'Wood gatherers' don't you remember your Sunday lessons.........

It is a hybrid of Universal Salvation, restoration and resurrections during the Millennium, then a final purging post Millennium and then the great joining to the universal family ala eating the leaves of the trees in Rev. 22.

Its kind of like joining a Fraternity with a tough Pledge Week.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Where in the bible does Jehovah have a wife? Why does WT keep making such an absurd assumption? Is this some kind of take-off on the "bride of Christ" ? If so, then is WT using Jehovah/Jesus interchangeably?

Every time I hear this nonsense about Jehovah's wife, I think it is a reference to Ashtar.

And I think it is insulting and degrading to women when I hear the phrase that WT organization is "God's woman." There is just something so uncouth when a man refers to his spouse as "his woman".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit