Are we in danger WT sept 1,2010

by bobld 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

Page 11 Quote 'humans,were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong'

So I say Satan had to tell them what to do..right or wrong.

Let me fill in bold some details on the 2nd qoute.'What a delusion to believe that the right to choose(select) between good(apples) and bad(rotten apples) means the right to determine(decide) what is good (apples) and what is bad(apples).

I believe these writers are a few bricks short of a full load.

B

• boyzone
    boyzone

Bobold

Page 11 Quote 'humans,were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong'

This is a common WT fallacy because it totally misses the point of Hebrews 5 v 13 and 14 which says;

"For everyone that partakes of milk is unaquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong."

The Society misuse the scriptures so that they keep the faithful dependent on them as little children and unable to think for themselves like adults. Its a control technique.

• bobld
    bobld

Also that same mags dealt with deception.Tell me, pray tell when I compare the revelation book 1988 hard copy with the WT CD2009 there are a number of decrepanices or deceptions.

B

• boyzone
    boyzone

Shhhh - you're not supposed to notice.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Also that same mags dealt with deception.Tell me, pray tell when I compare the revelation book 1988 hard copy with the WT CD2009 there are a number of decrepanices or deceptions.

Now that would be an interesting topic!

George

• carla
    carla

How do they arrive at this? "Page 11 Quote 'humans,were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong'

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

Doesn't that sort of fly in the face of free will, and making us responsible for our actions NOW?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

People are supposed to determine for themselves what is good and what is bad. Thanks to Plato, we have a few leaders that are perpetuating that God-inspired scam about needing someone to decide for us what is good and what is bad. Truly mature people do not need someone making that decision for us, or throwing out whatever decision we make about what is good and bad.

Of course, the Washtowel harps on this all the time. "It is not for man who is walking to direct his step" is improperly applied. This is not the truth: If it's in the Bible, it is another place where the Bible lies and God is trying to pull a scam on mankind. Actually, only one rule needs to be applied to all mankind: No one shall initiate the use of force, threats of force, or fraud against another person or their property. As long as people do not violate that rule, they should be allowed to decide for themselves what is good and what is bad. If they cannot, they need to learn to do it. If they cannot because they are small children or mentally retarded (and I believe only moderately and severely retarded people are not ultimately capaple of deciding what is good and bad for themselves), then the parents are responsible for training them to make good decisions, and for making good decisions for children while they are not able to do so themselves. Aside that, "It does not belong to man who is walking to direct his step" is a scam, initiates fraud against people, and ought to be shoved where the sun doesn't shine.

• Bittersweet2
    Bittersweet2

Tell me, pray tell when I compare the revelation book 1988 hard copy with the WT CD2009 there are a number of decrepanices or deceptions.

They 'updated' the Rev 1988 book a few years ago, whole heap of admendments printed in the Kingdom Minstry.. Took ages to stick them into my old Rev book... or you could have got a nice new shiny already amended Rev book.

• streets76
    streets76

'humans,were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong'

Following the logic: So how am I supposed to decide that joining the JWs is the right thing to do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit