MAD!!!! [:(!]

by BQE 10 Replies latest jw friends

• BQE
    BQE

GRRRRRRRRR

My mother had major surgery on Jan. 4th. She needs at least 8-10 weeks bed rest. I had contacted one elder in her congregation to have, at least once a week, a sister come to my mother's house to help her do things so she wont overextend herself. He assured me, with his disapproving "I shouldn't be talking to your DF'd ass" look that this would be arranged. Well, as it turns out NOONE has shown up, and I KNOW there are some lazy motherf!!!!ng JWS that live right in the same goddam building as my mom, and they wont even check in on her!! But wait, that's not all. My 75 year old uncle had to come over to her apt. and do laundry, mop floors and cook!! He is not a witness!!! My mom does and has done for everyone, and I mean everyone in her damn congregation, but now that she need from them, noone helps??? HOW FUC*** UP!!!!

• terafera
    terafera

BQE:

You just have to remember that its all politics. If she was an elder's wife or such.. she would probably get help. If she is just a 'regular'... there is no such luck. It's all in who you know. Believe me... I've been there!

• Helen
    Helen

Get ahold of Social Services and get your mom some help ASAP, then call Mr Elder loveeveryoneequal and ream him a new one!!

• flower
    flower

(((((((((hugs))))))))) sorry about this. i know how you are feeling. they dumped my mom like a bad habit when she went blind and became a burden to them.

• terafera
    terafera

I forgot to add something that this reminded me of ....

a sister at my mom's congregation came down with breast cancer. She had a double masectomy and because she was a regular pioneer, all the sisters arranged meals to be brought to her.

Well, my mom, who was spiritually (almost) dead at the time, made her a 3 course dinner and brought it to her house. As my mom entered her home with the meal, the sister's husband (who was worldy) tells my mom to come in and leave your boots on. The sister in the back room screams, "NO NO NO!!! TAKE YOUR BOOTS OFF!! THIS IS WHITE CARPET FOR GODS SAKE!!" So my mom sheepishly takes her boots off and leaves the meal. The sister barely came round the bend of the hall and glanced at her. The worldly husband profusely thanked her though. To this day that sister never thanked her. This always reminds me of how real Christ like ones act.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

There's a middle aged JWcouple who look out for my elderly parents - they are very kind and hepfuI. They've been that way for a good many years. I am so grateful to them. The rest can hardly even be nice to my parents (coz they don't shun me). I know they all have their own lives and problems, but I suppose it all just goes to show that there is nothing special about JWs. They talk a lot and that's about it.

Marilyn

• Prisca
    Prisca

Sorry to her about your mum, BQE. I hope she recovers soon.

Despite the fact that she had come into the Troof in the 1930s, had an opposed husband, remained faithful when the work was banned during WW2, and had raised her kids and grandkids to be JWs, my grandmother was ignored after she had her second stroke. Seemed all the younger ones in her cong were too busy to even pop in when they were witnessing in her street. It gave a really good witness to her youngest son (who wasn't a JW), who gave up his job to look after her!

• Scully
    Scully

BQE:

Your experience is so typical of what really happens among JWs, as opposed to what they preach about the 'wonderful brotherhood'. I've seen it with my own eyes too: after "casting my bread upon the water" time and time again to help different ones in the congregation, when I was the one that needed help, they scattered like a bunch of damn cockroaches when you turn on the light!!

The sad but true fact of the matter is that unless you have a position in the congregation, or are a study that they can drop a big ol' Love Bomb on, you're S.O.L. in terms of receiving support in any way, shape or form from the World Wide Brotherhood.

When it happened to me, it made me realized that "living forever in paradise on earth" was just a figment of the collective imaginations. It also convinced me that if these were the kind of people I'd end up spending eternity with, I'd just as soon pass, thanks anyway....

I agree with Helen's suggestion to contact Social Services, also try Meals on Wheels. And I bet you anything there is a volunteer group at several local churches who would be happy to assist your mom. When you've got that arranged, send a letter about the situation to your local newspaper, with a copy to the body of elders. Name names. Rub their noses in it. This is how they treat sick and elderly congregation members. Expose them for the hypocrites that they are. STICK IT TO THEM! And then give credit where credit is due, for those who DID actually help your mom.

The elders will be doing cartwheels and tripping over each other to help your mom by that point, and you can tell them to go fly a kite!

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

BQE,

Do the important things first and get your mom the help she needs.

Later on you may wish to print the following out, roll-it up and insert it into the smug and gitty elder's orifice, preferably the orifice incapable of smiling.

Unit 1B - The Elder Fleece the Flock Book

The aged and the sickly often need special attention. ( w87 6/1 pp. 10-12)

These may need assistance in practical ways.

They may need someone to cook for them, wash and
    iron their clothes, clean their homes, run errands.

They often need encouragement and reassurance that
    the elders cane about them and are interested in them.
    (1 Thess. 5:14)

They may need someone to help them get to the meetings,
    read to them, or in other ways help them to stay spiritually
    strong.

Consider ways that you can provide such practical
    assistance.

Other brothers and sisters can help you carry the load.

Invite them to volunteer.

Make definite arrangements as to how they can
    help.

It is important to check periodically to see that someone
    is following through on arrangements made to give
    assistance.

Your being alert to such needs and providing the appropri-
    ate assistance will mark you as a loving overseer.

You may be sure that this is well pleasing to Jehovah.
    (Heb. 13:1, 16)

Thirdson
  • orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Sorry to hear about your mom, BQE, Like most on the post have mentioned there is always help provided by volunteer group, in Canada we have many such groups and having a social worker get involved in helping your mom would be good, I know this is so because when I was in the org. I had several operations and my son at the time was young and I recieved assistance from government workers, and home makers who do your grocery shopping, clean house and prepare meals for you. All your mom needs to get this help is a letter from her doctor. Yes as Scully suggested, churches have support programs for seniors, the womens auxilarly can also assist. It is a dirty rotten shame that the cong. is failing to support your dear mom and help her in her hour of need. They ought to be ashamed, they bring disgrace more on Jehovah"s name, they preach and teach to help others in need ,but they are so seldom there for you unless your a pioneer or fit into a certian clique, I know this is factual i have seen segregation in the congrations I have been in. Who really are the hypocrites, then? Rest assured that someone will have to pay the Piper. Abuse of the elderly is evident in the fact they have failed your dear mom and I don't blame you for being balistic, so would I. Go get um Tiger. All the best and love to you and your mom

PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit