Defective DVD from Convention

by EmptyInside 9 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My mother got the latest DVD at the convention on the history of the organization. And here it is defective. I wonder if she was the only one or many more got a DVD that doesn't play. She tried it in two different dvd players and it comes out disc error. Too bad.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Awww. Tell her she would have to go to all three days again to get another one.

On second thought, she might go.

• cult classic
    cult classic

EI - Even if it played perfectly it would still be defective.

OTWO - LOL

• skywho
    skywho

she can have mine its skips massively important stretches of time and events

• poppers
    poppers

It must be demunz!

• dudeson
    dudeson

Those DVD players are most likely disfellowshipped. The DVD won't communicate with them.

• cattails
    cattails

Maybe good to try on a computer with a DVD drive.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Content issues aside (all the littera-trash is defective from a content viewpoint), this is sloppy quality control. They are cutting back on the quality of everything--they give you a microfiche calendar instead of the big ones they used to before 1997. They give paperback books at the hard bound prices lately. So, it shouldn't surprise me that they are giving bad copies of DVDs. And they still expect people to learn by them--which they cannot if their discs will not play on any good DVD player.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I thought of trying it on the computer, but my mother doesn't know how to use a computer. So, that would mean I would be stuck watching it too. I'm sure she will borrow one from someone else,and then, get another one from the hall.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Of course it is defective. It is about the history of the Watchtower. I would suggest she repace it with Pink's Funhouse Tour because it is just, well more fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit