elder school 2011

by inbetween 11 Replies latest jw friends

• inbetween
    inbetween

we received a letter announcing elder school starting Fall 2011, it will be one whole week !!!!!

What is going on ? The KMS School for 1 1/2 days were already long enough, now 5 long days ?

Is there something up ? Has this been already in the US ? What can possibly be taught in 5 days ?

I know in the sixties there were schools even longer, but nowadays ?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I know in the sixties there were schools even longer, but nowadays ?

Yes in the 1960's they were a MONTH long! My father went about 1965 and it included the Christmas period. Someone sent in a load of turkeys so they had turkey and all the trimming on Christmas day. Not only did they study, they had to work; my father worked at gardening.

My father-in-law went a few years later and it had been reduced to two weeks.

George

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It is not the usual elder school, it is a special training or separate school, it is mentioned in the study issue of WT in the article from the annual meeting, I don't remember if it was June or July, but there it is.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

I think in 5 days all there going to do is play with their sticks......a bosting session of men....lmao....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

can you imagine having to waste your precious vacation from work to go to this? Especially if all you had was a week. What about the window washer janitors? I am sure they don't get vacation, so either they have to do both (depending on the distance to the school) or have someone else take the accounts (and lose they income) while they take in all of this wonderful new spiritual light ***gag***.

I knew of JW wives who would go somewhere with the kids and other sisters while their husbands were at these schools.

A week? TRY WASTING EIGHT WEEKS AT MINISTERIAL TRAINING SCHOOL (MTS)...that is what I did. Of course, the difference is I volunteered for that crap. . Elders do not get a choice, they are expected to attend the Elder's School whether they want to or not.

sigh...glad I aint doing it any more.

Snakes (Rich )

• blondie
    blondie

Don't they get the choice of being an elder in the first place? They can turn it down and it is done privately. I knew of several MS who turned it down more than once.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Quite right, Blondie. Of course, once you sign on as elder, attendance at these indoctrination session is part of the baggage.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

TOH is right. I remember them reading something at the last CA regarding these special schools but don't remember the details. Here in the US, the 2 day KM schools are going to be held this fall.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

tsssk tsssk tsssk

i feel sorry for them! not!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I believe that U read that this is an additional school to the 2 day one that is scheduled for Christmas/New Year period (to which M/S get one day) I think they said it was to improve the spirituality of the elders...(?)

As somebody said, once have accepted the "privilege" of service, it is expected that you go..Your name would be mud if you did not.

This sounds like the 2 week school that I attended in the seventies. That had a full programme of both doctrine, scripture and procedures. I enjoyed that school [at the time]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit