Another Question for Guys: Do You Like Children?

by snowbird 41 Replies latest social family

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Sylvia:

Another Question for Guys: Do You Like Children?

I love kids, kids are crunchy in milk.

Snakes (Rich )

Oh wait...that's KiX....not kiDs... KIX stays crunchy in milk..... ... my mistake.

• snowbird
    snowbird

SNAKES!!!

LOL.

Syl

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

In reality, I used to not really didn't like kids too much, but they seemed to like me. When I was engaged to the JW sister in India (back in 2006...man time flies), she had a then 5 year old...so she would have been my boy's age now..... I would talk to her (best we could with her just learning English and me not knowing Tamil) on the webcam. When I flew there, and the engagement quickly ended, the 5 YO girl kept my spirits up with her funny antics for the 4 days I was there. I will never forget that.

that was the only good thing to come out of that relationship...that I could indeed be ok with liking kids. Honestly my 9YO boy is funny and extremely intelligent...and extremely annoying. I figure it was karma biting me in the ass, since I was a terror as a kid....at least that is what my mom and people who knew me back then say.....LOL.

Even now I go to customer's doors and the kids are calling me "cowboy" because of my infamous hat...and asking me questions about being the "cable guy." The sad ones are the kids who say "how am I going to watch cartoons now?" (answer, someone else usually comes behind me to do the final shut off...I leave the basic on just taking the digital boxes so they cant watch premium channels).... kids dont deserve that. Better than being the guy who shuts off the water or electric though, all a matter of perspective.

Snakes (Rich )

• undercover
    undercover

I like other people's kids. I can enjoy them for awhile, have fun and then when they're tired and cranky (or I am) I can hand em back to their parents and seek quiet and solitude.

I'd be a perfect grandparent. The only problem is I'd have to go through parenthood first. Not worth the effort...

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Honestly my 9YO boy is funny and extremely intelligent...and extremely annoying.

Very good progress.

You. Should. Write. A. Book.

I just love reading what you write - you're a natural.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

UnderCover!!!

You're not a father???

I just assumed that since you're married, a Southerner, ... well, you know.

Syl

• undercover
    undercover
    I just assumed that since you're married, a Southerner, ... well, you know.

Nope, no kids for me. I got a taste of what it was like to have kids when I was a kid and decided it wasn't for me.

I'm a Southerner alright, but I'm more like Rhett Butler (when he wasn't under the influence of Scarlett)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes, I do. But with 3 daughters all under the age of 10, I am just a little worn out.

Oh, boy, just wait 2 o 3 years and the fun will begin.

Smokey the Bear says that children taste a lot like chicken.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm more like Rhett Butler (when he wasn't under the influence of Scarlett)

ROFL.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

I do like kids and they warm to me. i hear often that so-and-so doesn't usually smile or laugh with most people but with me, kids are comfortable. I get along with older kids too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit