Happy Birthday, Mr. President!!!

by snowbird 12 Replies latest social current

• snowbird
    snowbird

49 today.

Leave that unhealthy food alone so you will make it to the Big Mo!

Syl

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I couldn't imagine being 49. That has to suck. He probably gets chills all the time, bones hurt. Probably can't control his bladder. Sucks being old.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am 56 -will be 57 in November.

Who you callin' old???

Syl

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Cheers, Mr. President!

• snowbird
    snowbird

He's a handsome dude, but his eyes are so cold.

Syl

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Anyone going to any of the local bday parties for him?

• snowbird
    snowbird

No such happenings here - too dad-gummed hot!T-storms116 with heat index.

Syl

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

President Obama does not like to make a spectacle of birthday parties to the point of spoiling the honored guest. Therefore, I will simply acknowledge that today is his birthday, but I will give no money to his campaign or the Democrats in honor of his birthday since he does not like to give presents on birthdays or Christmas.

Obama leaves the gifting to Santa

By MIKE ALLEN | 7/24/08 6:15 PM EST
    The Obama family
    Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) tells PEOPLE magazine in the issue out Friday that he and his wife, Michelle, do not give Christmas or birthday presents to their two young daughters. Photo: AP

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) tells People magazine in the issue out Friday that he and his wife, Michelle, do not give Christmas or birthday presents to their two young daughters.

Obama tells the magazine’s Sandra Sobieraj Westfall in a seven-page cover story that he and his wife follow the unusual practice because they “want to teach some limits.”

In the interview earlier this summer, Obama noted that they do spend “hundreds” of dollars on birthday slumber parties.

Michelle Obama told People: “Malia says, ‘I know there is a Santa because there’s no way you’d buy me all that stuff.’ ”

Wink.

The cover says: “THE OBAMAS AT HOME – EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS! – From piano practice and pillow talk to who does the chores (not him!), Barack, Michelle and daughters Sasha [7] and Malia [10] offer a rare look into their Chicago home.”

Westfall writes: “The girls may be irreverent, but they are also well mannered, slipping off their shoes before climbing on the velvet sofa. ‘There are downstairs rules,’ Michelle says later, like

no shoes on the furniture. But in the girls’ third-floor playroom the couch doubles as a trampoline. ‘So there are different rules in different parts of the house,’ Michelle continues.

“In the kitchen, where it’s the girls’ job to set and clear the dinner table, sunlight streams through a solarium-style glass wall, showing off black granite countertops—and dust collecting on an unopened bottle of Kendall- Jackson chardonnay. Michelle’s 71-year-old mother, Marian Robinson, is unpacking the family’s takeout lunch from Subway."

Here are the seven “Obama House Rules” listed by the magazine:

1) “No whining, arguing or annoying teasing,” says Michelle Obama.

2) Make the bed. “Doesn’t have to look good—just throw the sheet over it,” says Mom.

3) Set your own alarm clock. “They get themselves up, get their own clothes,” says Sasha and Malia’s grandmother Marian Robinson. “They’re very easy to take care of; there’s not much left for me to do!”

4) Keep playroom toy closet clean.

5) Allowance from Dad for doing chores: $1 per week. “I’m out of town all the time,” says Barack, “so Malia will say, ‘Hey, you owe me 10 weeks!’ ”

6) No birthday or Christmas presents from Mom and Dad, who spend “hundreds” on birthday slumber parties and, as Barack puts it, “want to teach some limits.” Says Michelle: “Malia says, ‘I know there is a Santa because there’s no way you’d buy me all that stuff.’ ”

7) Lights out at 8:30. “They got an extra half hour when they were ready to read on their own,” says Michelle.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Great stuff, Skeeter!

Thanks.

Syl

• upnorth
    upnorth
    He's a handsome dude, but his eyes are so cold.

He was sold his soul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit