how spicy is the food in your area?

by nancy drew 4 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It seems to me there's a different taste palate across the us. for example, I grew up in NJ the food had alot of flavor but not so hot & peppery. Now in Ohio the food seemed somewhat bland. Texas however the food is very hot & spicy and after living here for decades I can't even eat eggs w/o cayenne pepper on it.

So I was wondering how you would rate the food in your area on a spice-o-meter?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Here in South Florida a predominately Cuban area, food is spicy but not hot. They especially use a lot of cumino (cumin) and other sprices. As soon as you get into other areas (Jamaican, Puerto Rican, Hatian, Dominican), the heat goes way up.

We have very few if any Mexicans in the Miami area and that is another culture that loves the food hot!

Rub a Dub

• snowbird
    snowbird

Not quite as spicy as they do down in New Orleans, but hot sauce goes on everything - even grits!

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give our spiciness a 7.

Syl

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

British food can be fairly bland for my tastes. Personally, I love Indian and Mexican food so love a bit of a kick on most things.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Depends, you can get some seriously spicy Thai food, lutefisk is... ripe? Not sure how to describe that. We have some of everything here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit