The book, Is the Bible Really From God...

by diana netherton 10 Replies latest jw friends

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

My son, (little pilferer) was in my parents' basement and managed to put that

book in his pocket....we have a plan now where he'll return it and then get another

one. There's some really old stuff down there..Anyway, this Bible Really From God book

is the bright green one from the '70s which I vaguely remember. But paging through it,

I really was astounded at what the Org said....trying to "prove" the flood, trying to assert

the earth is only 6,000 years old based on quotes from scientists who no one ever heard of

and, I'm sure, they're misquoting. The 1913 thing crops up alot...remember this was published

in 1969, so they Org was really pushing the generation thing at that time.

Any special requests?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The rule is that children shouldn't play with matches.

But there are exceptions to all rules!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Weird. I don't remember that one, only the bright orange The Bible, God's Word or Man's? Are you sure they're trying to prove the earth is only 6,000 years old? It's my understanding that JWs have never had a problem with the idea of an old earth, and that it's humankind that's only been around for 6,000 years or so, and creative days of 7,000 years each, which would nullify an earth so young.

What do they say about 1913??

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Sorry. It's 1914. The book is a bright green colour and there's no questions

after the paragraphs.

No. From the gist of what I'm getting, they're stating that the earth was

created in six "days." They're not arguing with the age of the universe,

per se, but then again, that was 40 plus years ago and technology is so

much better now.

• TD
    TD

It's the book where Isaac Vail's annular theory was abandoned and they went with Henry Morris' idea of a vaporous suspension of the flood waters in the thermosphere.

It's a classic!

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

yeah and chocolate eggs really come from the easter bunny...the bible is load of dung made from man for the time they lived in.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

My mom has a copy of that and a whole host of books from the early 1900's. I will say though, that anything taken out of these books is considered "old light" no longer valid.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I love it where they say that carbon dating is unreliable science to debunk when life started, yet accept

genetic science so they can explain Adam and Eve. It's so obvious that they pick and choose...

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

The Musings from

a Bunch of

Bronze Age

Nomads and

Their Plucky

Descendants

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    It's the book where Isaac Vail's annular theory was abandoned and they went with Henry Morris' idea of a vaporous suspension of the flood waters in the thermosphere.

Which is where the International Space Station and Space Shuttle orbit the earth today.

Did the flood waters need a heat shield when they reentered the atmosphere?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit