Happy 2010 Xmas to all British Elders!!

by fokyc 12 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

I know it's a bit early for Xmas greetings BUT;

I understand ALL British Elders WILL be attending their Ministry school on:

Saturday 25th December 2010 - Christmas Day

and Sunday 26th December 2010 - Boxing Day

Will they be having Turkey or Goose etc. with Mistletoe and Christmas Pudding etc.?

And pulling crackers with their mates?

• Honesty
    Honesty

"And pulling crackers with their mates?"

Do I dare ask what that means????

• Heaven
    Heaven

Christmas Crackers are a goodie filled cylindrical item that makes a loud 'bang' or 'crack' when each end is pulled.

From Wikipedia: Christmas crackers or bon-bons are an integral part of Christmas celebrations in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa. They are also popular in Ireland. A cracker consists of a cardboard tube wrapped in a brightly decorated twist of paper, making it resemble an oversized sweet-wrapper. The cracker is pulled by two people, and, much in the manner of a wishbone, the cracker splits unevenly. The split is accompanied by a small bang produced by the effect of friction on a chemically impregnated card strip (similar to that used in a cap gun).

See image below:

Christmas Cracker

• fokyc
    fokyc

Thanks Heaven, I forgot some posters wouldn't understand the term.

I wonder how the 'Elderettes' will enjoy the festive period without hubby at home?

Perhaps they will be playing 'hanky-panky' with the MS's!

• highdose
    highdose

in my experiance although JW's didn't celebrate xmas they always got together as a family on those cruical days. I can imagine their are some very anoyed familys!

Also i'm guessing this will mean them having to drive out to their regoinal assembly halls! haha! with the bank holiday traffic and the icey roads!

I'm thinking of haysbridge in Surrey which is accessed by little windy country roads!

Suckers! ... i wonder how many elders will be doing this jorney and will mentaly decide on the way to quit their eldership??

• designs
    designs

You can have a Turkey on Thanksgiving just call it a Cooked Big Bird...........

• blondie
  • I quit!
    I quit!

Humbug 101 anyone? I don't think they'll have Simon Callow as the guest speaker.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

wonder if anyone will be counting the attendance figures at both morning and afternoon sessions? I predict a surprising large "flu" outbreak that weekend.

MMXIV

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Did anyone tell them that the angels celebrated Jesus Christs birthday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit