Never saw a baptism done this way

by Gayle 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
  • Soldier77
  • Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

wow they must be trying to save on there water bill....

• fokyc
    fokyc

A relatively small District Convention, but certainly an unusual Baptism.

In the UK recently a sister was done on her knees in the pool,

another was baptised in private at a local swimming pool!

• blondie
    blondie

Unusual but fits the jw requirements of being able to totally immerse the person. My grandparents were baptized in a cow tank and the person was not in the tank with them. They wore long robes as well. That was phased out by the WTS (the robes that is).

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Definitely a small pool for baptism. If there are not very many getting baptized, then this would work out well. Otherwise the one doing the dunking will miss his lunch.

• nelly136
    nelly136

pay close attention to the biggin the numbers, jws love their numbers to show everyone how huge they are

everything is numbered apart from.......'and baptism by full water immersion.' (no mass baptism? no number?....singular maybe ......)

sooooooo, HOLD THE POOL AND BORROW A BATH, barely worth rolling yer sleeves up for one?.

but slightly more interesting than those phantom baptism talks you used to have to sit through when the front seats were empty.

A RECORD number of people attended the Jehovah’s Witnesses three-day convention at the Bendigo Stadium at the weekend.

Convention spokesman David Ray said 3170 people attended the event on the Friday, with 3230 on the Saturday and 3506 on the Sunday.

“We have noticed a lot of visitors,’’ he said.

Mr Ray said the convention included 47 speakers, with some having practical demonstrations to go with their talk, a full costume Bible drama, and baptism by full water immersion.

The convention, titled Remain Close to Jehovah, attracted members from 37 congregations across Victoria, as well as from several congregations interstate.

A total of 580 volunteers were responsible for putting the annual event together.

Mr Ray said Bendigo was one of 23 locations throughout Australia which held a Jehovah’s Witnesses convention each year.

• blondie
    blondie

Probably at this writing, the baptism had not yet been held so numbers were not mentioned. I wonder if there are articles afterwards and if they would mention that only one or none were baptized?

• nelly136
    nelly136

theyd counted everything else, arn't the baptism talks usually held on a saturday morning or does it vary?

• blondie
    blondie

I see what you mean....maybe they wanted to skip over that information because it was embarrassing. I wonder if they announced to the audience?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit